Where to list research publications?

Hello! Does anyone know where 'co-authoring a published research article' would go on CASPA? I was thinking under "Duties" in a Research section, but it seems more clear under "Awards, Honors, and Leadership" although it is not technically any of these things.

Also, where (if anywhere) do Latin Honors, such as "Summa Cum Laude" go?

Thanks!

Hello! Does anyone know where 'co-authoring a published research article' would go on CASPA? I was thinking under "Duties" in a Research section, but it seems more clear under "Awards, Honors, and Leadership" although it is not technically any of these things.

Also, where (if anywhere) do Latin Honors, such as "Summa Cum Laude" go?

Thanks!

• Administrator

1. Nowhere. CASPA doesn't ask for publications, because PA is not a research-centric career. It can (and should) go on your CV, which some programs may ask for as part of a supplemental app.

2. That *could* go under Awards, Honors, and Leadership, but the big deal is just getting the appropriate GPA, which is a direct numerical benefit.

• Administrator

1. Nowhere. CASPA doesn't ask for publications, because PA is not a research-centric career. It can (and should) go on your CV, which some programs may ask for as part of a supplemental app.

2. That *could* go under Awards, Honors, and Leadership, but the big deal is just getting the appropriate GPA, which is a direct numerical benefit.

It's basically a resume that is more geared towards academic accomplishments than job experience. Besides people looking to work in Academia it's also useful for recent college grads since their experience is largely limited to internships and academic work as opposed to jobs.

It's basically a resume that is more geared towards academic accomplishments than job experience. Besides people looking to work in Academia it's also useful for recent college grads since their experience is largely limited to internships and academic work as opposed to jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked this same question to CASPA and they told me to put it under Awards, Honors, and Leadership. I think that you should include it. I believe that understanding the importance of clinical research and evidence based medicine is an important part of being a medical professional.

I asked this same question to CASPA and they told me to put it under Awards, Honors, and Leadership. I think that you should include it. I believe that understanding the importance of clinical research and evidence based medicine is an important part of being a medical professional.

• 5 years later...

Archived