Interesting Legal Opinion

I had shared about my plight with Group Health. In summary, I had been a provider with a great standing with them, until I became owner then they boycotted my clinic.

I discussed this with a major legal firm, who has represented PAs a lot in the past. Here is their conclusion and I'm afraid that they correct.

"A insurance company has the full right to discriminate against a PA-owned clinic."

Guest Paula

I just got an email from another PA showing NPs in Connecticut have sent a petition to the FTC about restraint of trade issues. They have a congressperson who sponsored the letter and Bill that is up in Connecticut. Was your issue taken to the FTC?

I just got an email from another PA showing NPs in Connecticut have sent a petition to the FTC about restraint of trade issues. They have a congressperson who sponsored the letter and Bill that is up in Connecticut. Was your issue taken to the FTC?

We took it up with the state insurance commissioner.

any changes or movement on getting a neuro SP?

The ball is in my court. It is complicated but it is like asking a girl to choose between the really sweet, loving nerdy boyfriend and the handsome quarterback . . . who is mean and cruel. For now, I'm sticking with the nerdy one.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived