I am about to graduate from PA school in May and have begun my job search. I ideally would love to work in an ER, but am also open to urgent care considering most ER jobs require some experience. I currently live in NJ but my entire family lives in california so upon graduation that is where I plan to go but am having a difficult time finding positions online that are open to new grads in ER or urgent care in the Los Angeles area. Does anyone have any advice as to how to get into one of these positions? I am open to recruiters and have signed up with a few but have also been warned by my program that recruiters can be the best or worse thing to happen to you as they can start to harass you daily with alerts and so forth. I am also aware that many places will hire new grads solely by word of mouth without posting their positions online. I have a rather impressive resume, great letters of recommendation, and excellent professional skills. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks :)

Arrowhead regional medical center in Colton has an ER residency. It's the only place in So Cal that offers it. Kaiser Permenente utilizes a lot of PAs in their ER along with places in the inland empire (Riverside/San Bernardino County). In Orange County I've been told St. Joseph's uses PAs heavily as well in their ER. I'm not too sure about in LA County. CEP is a physician group that uses PAs in their ERs as well so I'd also look there.

Good luck. Lots of people from NJ coming to California and settling in the inland empire btw.

Archived