just stumbled out of the gre. to retake or not?

ok so i just stumbled out of the gre..i received a 148 V 154 Q (1110 on old scale). i was shocked that i received a 154 on the Q i thought that i would receive a lower score. im also shocked about the 148 i thought that i would atleast get a 150. I do not know if i should retake the exam..i was aiming for atleast a 150 in each section.. so the 148 REALLY bothers me..even though i am relieved that i obtained atleast a combined score of 300.

here are my stats

overall gpa 3.7

science gpa is around a 3.4

2000+ hrs of HCE as a cna in a hosp

Welcome to the 302 club (same for me). It didn't hinder me at all. Your GPA's are good. Write a badass PS and get some good LORs and you should find that schools will be interested.

If you have some time before you apply, maybe focus on a little bit higher level HCE....icing on the cake.

Good luck

I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to decide if I should take it again, I got 161 on the verbal and 147 on the quant. so 308 total, my problem is the writing portion, I somehow managed to bomb it with a 3/6, which has to look bad. pisses me off, the GRE is a total money making scheme, $175 for the test....Really??

I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to decide if I should take it again, I got 161 on the verbal and 147 on the quant. so 308 total, my problem is the writing portion, I somehow managed to bomb it with a 3/6, which has to look bad. pisses me off, the GRE is a total money making scheme, $175 for the test....Really??

I think if your other stats are competitive I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if you haven't previous applied to schools before. I made a 3 on the writing portion as well and debated retaking it, but personally I didn't want to risk the possibility of doing worse on the quantitative/verbal portion (granted I made a combined 317, which I know is a little higher than your score). I also felt like there wasn't a whole lot to actually do to try and bump up my writing score, unlike verbal/quantitative where you can brush up on vocab and math formulas. I knew going in that the writing would be my weakest section, and while I felt like I gave it my best shot, the type of writing on the GRE just isn't my strong point. I did however spend a lot of time on my personal statement, which I felt was a better reflection of my writing abilities. I have been accepted to PA school, so it appears that one bad spot didn't negatively affect my application overall.

Archived