Need some guidance in the right direction

I am currently a second-semester freshman with a science major. I am planning on applying to PA school but I have a lot of questions. MY GPA isn't up to standards at all currently and I am struggling with science courses but I am determined to make up for this first year. With that being said, I'm wondering if anyone has tips to help me get on the right track for applying for PA school even if I don't have a 4.0 at the end of college. I've looked into a few schools and took note of their prerequisites so I'm not missing out on something important but I'm stressing already. Pretty much I'm looking for advice about different schools to look into, tips on getting a better GPA (maybe my study skills are not right?), and suggestions about clubs and volunteer/shadowing opportunities that would look great on my application. I'm going to poke around on other threads to see if I can find any of this information but if you have anything to contribute at all, it would be very much appreciated

Archived