Which is the "most demanding" of the clinical rotations?

Hi everyone,

Just hoping for some input...

I am starting my third and final semester of didactic year (yay!) :=D: and trying to schedule my clinical rotations. I am currently attending a program six hours away from my fiancee and family.

Unfortunately, I have to do my first rotation near the school. With that being said, I am trying to schedule the most grueling/time consuming rotation as my first rotation. I understand they will all be challenging but what one did you personally find required the most time away from loved ones?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I think it depends on the school and preceptor. In our program, internal medicine is known to be the hardest because of the amount of content you need to be familiar with on top of long hours, PLUS the EOR exam is supposedly the hardest too (Haven't gotten there yet). Surgery comes in second according to our students due to long hours and call... I'm sure that some OB rotations are harder than some surgery rotations or more hours, etc... but I would say the most complex and content-heavy ones will be the hardest.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived