MCAT scores

Hey yall, im applying to PA schools this year. The schools im applying to do not require any standardized Exams but I took the mcats, and did below average, but not horrible. Do you guys suggest leaving out my mcat scores? will it help or break my application?

• 1 month later...

some skools will take it in place of the GRE.. so I included mine. They just asked during the interview why I didn't go to medical school is all ;) so be prepared to answer.. even if you don't include the score and your application looks like a medical school app - be prepped for that question.

• 1 month later...

i forget, but i think i submitted my scores to caspa - so if there are schools that accept the MCAT in place of the GRE, and you didn't/don't want to take the GRE, then obviously you have no choice. The other schools that don't take it as a sub or don't want GRE.. well they will end up getting it anyways.. that's the trouble with centralized application services sometimes.

@crystaltide - I would think it somewhat ignorant and narrow-minded to reject someone just b/c they've taken a certain standardized test....ppl make changes to their careers or decision regarding their lives... in any case I'm glad that whatever schools I sent my application to did not share that practice.

Archived