PA programs~ the "BEST" and "WORST" thread

I've been reading through a bunch of the threads about specific schools all over the country. Lots of useful info, if you put in the time weeding through. But I haven't seen a thread yet that looks at schools globally or lists categories like "Best Schools for Clinical Rotations" or "Worst Schools for Certification Exam Prep."

I've seen at least two schools mentioned as NOT being "pro-PA" environments, but have not seen many that are praised for leading the pack as "pro-PA" institutions.

I'm sure there are many categories that could be looked at when comparing the pros/cons of PA programs. If you have come across any outstanding features in the schools you have researched~ good or bad~ please write about them here. If a lot of people respond, I will post a summary of the data.

Thanks!

Oh, yeah, I can see that happening. Didn't mean to generate any bad feelings on here. Just interested in pros and cons of different schools as I decide where to apply... do you remember the title of that thread? I'd like to search for it and check it out if possible. Thanks!

You don't see these types of threads because only idiotic/assinine folks think that their opinions about programs that they DID NOT attend really means something... and it seems TO ME... that educationally mature folks eventually realized that a thread of a handful of folks complaining about a particular program... on a anonymous website... may or may NOT be accurate and even if accurate... may ONLY apply to the dynamics and mix of personalities in the particular class that they were in that minute... THAT month... THAT yr...

Simply put...

EVERY yr (and even from month to month and day to day while IN the program)... Each and every student's experience... in each and every program is individualized.

2-5-8-15 posters/classmates reporting a crappy time in a particular PA school means NOTHING... because its "subjective" and there may have been another 25/45/98 students in that SAME CLASS, that same year who didn't feel a bum... got thru their rotations with little to NO hassle, graduated, passed the PANCE on their FIRST try with minimal studying, got their "C", license and pick of jobs and became OUT-Phuckin-Standing examples of what a PA is/should be....

Thing is... if you look around you next time you are in ANY class ... regardless of if its PA school or not... notice that those that are "personality disordered" and/or "Entitled" and/or "Know-it-alls" and /or "Immature" tend to be "Schitt Magnets"... and often to the detriment of their classmates due to hastly implemented "official rule changes" that end up effecting/affecting every student in the program.

This is not to say that some of these SAME people... with these SAME isues don't continue on and become PA School Staff/Faculty and then continue the nonsense...

So I get it. Some folks DO have difficult experiences in their programs due to their or others actions.

A example of this would be "mandatory attendance."

As I see it... the program staff/faculty being as bare bones as it typically is ... would likely be very happy with sitting in their offices and doing admin stuff for the day... but this is not to be... because after begging and pleading with actually licensed and certified PAs/NPs/MDs/DOs all yr to serve as lecturers and preceptors... then have one agree to do it FOR FREE (time away from their practice and costing THEM money in travel and lost revanue) and have them arrive to the classroom to find 5-15 out of 30-50 students in attendence is unacceptable... and should only happen ONCE.

So NO... IMNSHO... threads with posters commenting on percieved shortcomings of schools they have NEVER ever even set foot upon are typically silly...

Why...???

The same reason why the US News and World Report is Bull Schite...

BEcause ... Having NEVER set foot in Liberia Africa...

I too can have "opinions" about the quality of the PA program at Tubman National Institute of Medical Arts (TNIMA) in Liberia AFRICA.

A example of this would be "mandatory attendance."

As I see it... the program staff/faculty being as bare bones as it typically is ... would likely be very happy with sitting in their offices and doing admin stuff for the day... but this is not to be... because after begging and pleading with actually licensed and certified PAs/NPs/MDs/DOs all yr to serve as lecturers and preceptors... then have one agree to do it FOR FREE (time away from their practice and costing THEM money in travel and lost revanue) and have them arrive to the classroom to find 5-15 out of 30-50 students in attendence is unacceptable... and should only happen ONCE.

Funny you mention that. I was just talking to another student about this as it has been an issue as of late in our program. Personally I find it disrespectful to the lecturers and the fellow students who do show up for class. Would I like to have an extra 8 hours to study? Sure. But I don't skip classes because of the reasons mentioned above by Contrarian.....oh, and who knows, I might miss the best lecture ever given in PA school.

Archived