Hello--

Looking to get an idea of what percentage/hourly rate of compensation to ask for. I will be working one day per week in a combined clinic and surgery cases. Currently have 3 years plastics experience including micro. Anyone have any suggestions about what to ask for in terms of reimbursement. This is also a practice that I would consider joining full-time in the future.

Thanks!

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Nypac21
      Hi all, 
      I'm a new grad starting out in ambulatory surgery-- I'm super excited because I love being hands on in the operating room. I was just wondering if any of the Surgical PAs could give some insights about ambulatory surgery? The site I'm going to be working at has 12 surgical subspecialities (list below). From what I gathered through the interview process, I'll be able to get experience in all of them. That being said I'm worried about being prepared and knowledgeable for cases. Anyone have any tips of how to study up, or even get more comfortable once starting? I have a little over a month before start date so any resources are welcome. Thanks in advance!
      List of subspecialities/ topics to brush up on🤯🥴: 

Bariatric surgery
      Breast surgery
      Colorectal surgery
      General surgery
      Head and neck surgery
      Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
      Neurosurgery
      Ophthalmologic surgery
      Orthopedic surgery
      Pediatric surgery
      Podiatric surgery
      Sports medicine surgery
      Urologic surgery
      Vascular surgery
    • By soccerfanatic14
      Hello,
      I'm a new grad PA (started the program right out of high school) who just received a job offer for a hospitalist position with the details here:
      40 hour week. Five 8 hr shifts a week. Overnight from Sun- Thurs 11pm-7am.   $85,000 base pay $15,000 for overnight annual bonus. Would be taken away if I switched to days.   4 weeks PTO 1 sick week 1 week CME and $1500 Paid DEA liscense.  

I'm curious if I should ask for more base pay.  Any opinions?  Thanks! 
    • By Radmire
      Hi Everyone! University of Florida PA Surgical Residency is having a panel to talk about the post-graduate residency and answer any questions you may have. If you are interested in becoming a surgical PA or are interested in PA school and learning about different specialties, this would be a great way to get some of your questions answered!
      The panel is this Thursday, 10/1/2020 from 6:30-8:00pm EST. Pre-register with the link below! https://ufl.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-mtC55QfROqsJ3kLO5TAXw
      PA Surg Res Panel flyer.pdf
    • By Kslight66
      Hello,

I am looking for advice on salary for a Pa-C position in charge on a 16 bed Detox wing. I would be responsible for supervising a nurse and a CNA. Also, I would have to work some weekend, nights and some holidays.
      1. What would be a good salary range for this dual medical / management role? 

2. The job only provides 16 days of ( lumping it all together) PTO, sick and national holiday and CME days off.  Should I ask for a higher compensation for this limited vacation package? 

thank you in advance! 
    • By djcturno
      I have been a practicing PA for 4 years working in adult acute care medicine (ER, ICU, transplant cardiology). I was recently approached by a recruiter for PA position in pediatric cardiac surgery, which would involve OR and ICU clinical work. Even prior to PA school, I had an affinity for pediatrics and loved my pedi rotation. I had always imagined going into pedi cardiac crit care. My professional life took me towards adult care, and unfortunately has not permitted much in the way of pedi exposure. Has anyone made the jump from adult acute care to pediatric acute care? From chiefly medicine position to surgery? Can you tell me about your experience and any additional insights? It's a helluva jump, I am not naive, but just wanted to see if anyone else has any experience with this. Thanks! 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More