Tacoma Class #1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys and gals,

For all those who are getting the "Thank you for applying, But" letter. Try to look at your application package and see if you can pin point one area that your application was weak in and then do what ever you can to fill it. There is always time to improve your package and yourself to make you a better canidate for next year.

Good luck and Take Care,

Tammy

• 5 weeks later...

TSTACY! Yeah, thanks for the insight...! I looked at my application earlier this week with 3 practicing PAs and 1 MD (who was a PA before she decided to go to medical school). They were blown away that I was not accepted! One of them was a PA that did a letter of rec for me and the MD was another letter or rec. They couldn't believe with my HCE, volunteering, military background, and bachelors degree I wasn't invited to interview. The process seems straight forward, but occasionally the reality is even great candidates don't get accepted because there is a (grant based) need to accept certain students.

For what it is worth "hugmeyet".....I feel the same way regarding my app, rerference letters, volunteering and work experience (HCE). I have spoken with two of the PA's I shadowed, plus the MD and NP that I worked with for 10+ yrs, they were all certain that I would get in, but I didn't, and despite it all, deep down I know that I have the skills and capacity to be a not just good but a great PA, and I know that my heart is in the right place. I don't have any military experience and I am sure that is a strike against me but.......For this year I wasn't what they needed to complete their puzzle and there isn't one thing that I can do about that. If this is your dream than you just keep fighting!!!

Archived