Tacoma Class #1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello to all the fellow MEDEX Tacoma applicants. Thanks to Eric for opening up a new thread devoted to us Tacoma seeking folks. Quick intro, my name is Travis, I am a re-applicant this year, but obviously first time applicant to Tacoma. My medical background began when I enlisted in Army as a medic, next working as a medical assistant in a multi-specialty clinic, and finally to where I am today working for a community health clinic in primary care as a medical assistant. I am excited to see MEDEX expand in a positive direction towards veterans and training even more providers to meet the demands of tomorrow. As we all know primary care is lacking providers at all levels, but the continued efforts from MEDEX stands out. Seemingly so though, right? MEDEX has always been at the cutting edge of the PA profession so it only seems right for them to continue out competing other schools. Last year during the interview process I had the amazing experience of meeting 35 other exceptionally qualified candidates at the Yakima interview. I know that over the past year I have grown as a member of my community healthcare team and hope to have the honor of meeting other great candidates again this year. It has been exciting reading posts on other threads about people getting their invitations to interview and even more so reading about candidates who have been accepted. I hope that everyone's Thanksgiving was great and look forward to reading more posts regarding us applicants to MEDEX Tacoma.

V/R

Travis

Thank you for opening this thread Eric! I too am excited about the expansion to Tacoma, I am applying to MEDEX for the first time this year and I am anxious to see how it plays out. I must say that after reading all of the different posts, I have become well aware of the stiff competition! Each and every one of these folks seem fantastically qualified! It is my hope that all of our paths cross soon.

~ Andriene S.

Happy Saturday fellow Tacoma applicant!

I thought it was time that the Tacoma site was represented on the forum, I'm glad you all agree. :-)

This is my first time applying to MEDEX and Andriene is correct about the applicant pools competivness. We only have a few more weeks to wait before interview invites are sent. Good luck everyone!

E

So I just got a notice that I have been selected, or should I say summoned, for jury duty the first 2 weeks of January...Aaaaarghhhh.....This can't be happening! i promptly sent them a "so sorry Charlie" message : ). How bad would it be to start school with a failure to appear on my record???....hahaha! It's not happening!

: ) ~ A

Hahaha.....We'll make a great group huh! I heard a recent interview on NPR suggesting that OCD is a good thing! The interviewee stated that it is a sign of good multitasking skills!!!! I say YES to that!!! What scholarship sites are you looking at mister? I should probably be doing the same thing.

ps. I made the cardinal sin in my essay....."Physicians Assistant" vs "Physician Assistant"....I agonized over it and in the end went with the advise of my PA friend to make it grammatically correct, as in context of my sentence....I think that it was a BIG No No!!

Does anyone know if there are spots left over in say Yakima or Tacoma, and they have qualified applicants, will MEDEX offer up the option of choosing the other site? Or if they only choose 20 out of 25 applicants, then the class size will be 20? Did that make sense??? Hahahaha....Oh my!

If this ever happens, it's something they don't talk about. They have said in the past that they'll keep setting up interviews all the way into spring to get the right applicants.

I started writing schlorship essays this past weekend and I'm sad to say that those essays are stronger than my supplemental essay:ohnoes:. I'm curious about this conversation that happened when Mariah said Yakima applicants will interview in Tacoma....

It was in an email response, & now that I have read it again, it doesn't really say there will be Yakima applicants at the Tacoma interview. It says they have selected some, but not all, applicants for the Yakima interview in December, that they are likely to interview for the Yakima class in January (in Seattle) as well, & that the process was complicated somewhat by the addition of the Tacoma site in the middle of the cycle, so it is taking a bit longer to review and select candidates to interview.

Hope that clears things up.

Archived