Fingers crossed.

Passed the initial testing for the US Army. Waiting for them to receive my transcripts then it's the physical and the offer upon whence I hopefully will be raising my hand to oath for at least the next 8 years of my life, serving our great nation and those brave and selfless men and women who place their lives before ours in protection.

During BOLC you get 3 chances to pass the PT test. Remember, you fingers have to be interlocked which can be as tight as you touching the webbing of your fingers to one another or as far apart as all 8 of your finger nails on digits (not thumbs) in a solid line with one another. If you get stuck, start twisting side to side so your obliques can help you up. The pay isn't bad if you add in $916 a month for bonuses. In AK I make over $100k/yr which isn't top 10% of PAs by any means but it's not bad. However my hours.... Good luck. I volunteered to go to an infantry battalion. I will tell you it is WORK. Worth it but work. If you are looking for a gradual progression and you have a say in how it goes down, a BCT's Cav Squadran or Field Artillery unit has a small enough size of group to keep you busy but working shorter days. If you are looking for some boring miserable reading that will equip you to answer half the questions of your day, download AR 40-501 and read it. Not all of it, but profiling, Chapter 2(enlistment or entry) and Chapter 3 (retention). those 3 will be your bread and butter. God speed.

Archived