pre-pa at ivy wanting to take pre-req classes at local cc post grad

Hello, 

I am a junior currently attending an Ivy League on scholarship and I am studying both data science and philosophy.  When I started undergrad I knew I wanted to be a PA but struggled to be competitive in my classes so I decided to focus on curating clubs + research experience, and mostly fin I received a C+ in Cell Structure and Function as well as Chemistry after having to withdraw from Chemistry the first time( the medians here are b sometimes b-).  Due to various barriers at home and school, while my GPA is a 3.57, I still need to take quite a few science prereqs as my school doesnt offer some/ I do not have space to take them before I graduate. There is no nursing program here and many FGLI  pre-med students are able also unable to complete all the course work here with a similar story to me as we work many hours on campus while our terms are only 10-weeks.
I have access to a SUNY at home, while I know it seems counterintuitive to postpone taking classes here at this amazing institution, I want to be able to graduate on time with my majors. I am also paying for everything myself, and my majors are already labor intensive as well and I want to be able to complete an honors thesis here. I saw that Stony Brook states that they prefer for all the prereqs to be taken at a "four-year science-intensive University." That scared me a bit as now I am worried that I  messed up my chances of ever pursuing this dream.  Are all schools going to be like this? A peer also told me I would need to enroll in a master's program that would put me in debt and a community college was unacceptable. All of my siblings have gone to CC and I wasn't worried at all about taking a class there as this SUNY has a competitive nursing program. 

All this to ask I am wondering what the best avenue to get "back" on track is, and if I am right in thinking I can complete prereqs going to CC after attending an Ivy.... I also need to get patient care hours as my school doesnt foster any interaction with the hospital besides research or a lottery-based shadowing program. So now, I am wondering if should I spend my junior summer taking prereqs @ the local cc and trying to acquire PCE credits at home or stay here for the summer and finish a research program here. 

7 hours ago, Zoeliana said:

I am wondering if should I spend my junior summer taking prereqs @ the local cc and trying to acquire PCE credits at home

If you want to go PA, yes, and be sure to also shadow multiple PAs

7 hours ago, Zoeliana said:

Are all schools going to be like this?

No, look at other schools of interest to see what they require. 

• Like 1

I took all of my pre-reqs at a community college branch of the University of Cincinnati.  None of the PA schools I applied to had a problem with that.   Often, taking science classes at a community college is a much better experience: lower cost, smaller class sizes, classes much more likely to be taught by actual faculty.