Ursuline College 2023-2024

On 10/31/2023 at 5:03 PM, Nangs412 said:

i just remember some of the staff being very clear that if you got one shot, didn't do your best, they were definitely not interested in giving another shot. for example, one of the professors straight up told me that if you failed out of another PA program they were not going to even look at your application during the cycle regardless of what happened. maybe i'm just speculating because they all were very genuine when i was interviewing and seemed willing to help with whatever

I mean that seems understandable about failing out of another program however im still not sure how to take that when they seem to be holistic but if you apply and get a waitlist somehow that counts as it not doing your best so you don't get another chance? I'm just trying to understand fully because this school is my top choice for a few reasons. Hoping next year I can scoop another interview/ waitlist if they look at me again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope this isn't an indication of how trashy Ursuline's PA program is appearing to many right now, considering I was rejected with out an interview in September. I get it's competitive among all schools, but seriously? 

Have you considered a career in nursing? My name is Dwane Newsom and I support all of Ursuline College's incoming Second Degree Accelerated Nursing program (SDAP) students. Your contact information was shared with me from our Physician Assistants department and I wanted to reach out with an alternative pathway into healthcare. 

Ursuline's SDAP program is a 15-month program that prepares you for a new career in nursing. We are proud to share that our most recently graduating SDAP cohort had a 100% NCLEX pass rate.

SDAP is also affordably priced at about $48,000 for the entire 15-month program. We have cohorts that begin 3 times a year, in January, May, and August. Based on your experience preparing for PA school, you likely have all the prerequisites complete to begin in Ursuline's SDAP program right away. Possibly as soon as January!

If you are interested in learning more, please consider RSVPing for an upcoming virtual information session. Or if you'd like to apply right away, you can complete our free, 5-minute SDAP Fast App and we will automatically import your transcripts and additional materials from CASPA to (likely) complete your application. 

On 11/30/2023 at 6:50 PM, MilitarytoPA said:

Hope this isn't an indication of how trashy Ursuline's PA program is appearing to many right now, considering I was rejected with out an interview in September. I get it's competitive among all schools, but seriously? 

Have you considered a career in nursing? My name is Dwane Newsom and I support all of Ursuline College's incoming Second Degree Accelerated Nursing program (SDAP) students. Your contact information was shared with me from our Physician Assistants department and I wanted to reach out with an alternative pathway into healthcare. 

Ursuline's SDAP program is a 15-month program that prepares you for a new career in nursing. We are proud to share that our most recently graduating SDAP cohort had a 100% NCLEX pass rate.

SDAP is also affordably priced at about $48,000 for the entire 15-month program. We have cohorts that begin 3 times a year, in January, May, and August. Based on your experience preparing for PA school, you likely have all the prerequisites complete to begin in Ursuline's SDAP program right away. Possibly as soon as January!

If you are interested in learning more, please consider RSVPing for an upcoming virtual information session. Or if you'd like to apply right away, you can complete our free, 5-minute SDAP Fast App and we will automatically import your transcripts and additional materials from CASPA to (likely) complete your application. 

Got the same email. It honestly feels kinda inappropriate and a slap in the face getting an email like this.

14 hours ago, MilitarytoPA said:

It does, for sure, I let them know how I felt and got several e-mails back, according to ursuline it's normal practice to give rejected names to other programs and most PA schools do this...

I felt the same way getting that email but reminded myself this is normal. At least three other programs I applied to have referred me to their PhD, pharmacy, MS, MBA (?) and BSN programs. It definitely stings and hurt a little extra coming from my top choice. But it is actually a standard practice by schools to get more enrollment. 

• 2 weeks later...