Ursuline College 2023-2024

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got an invitation to interview June 9th but had to reschedule due to the last minute interview. I just interviewed July 14th, which was the first official session. Interviews are going to be carried out through the fall, and the deadline to apply is September 1st. Don’t feel discouraged! I submitted my CASPA mid-May and that’s why I got the first session. I talked to a lot of students there and most of them interviewed late last cycle (i.e September). All the faculty there are so sweet, and you can tell they actually read your application. There were three interviews; two were with two faculty members each and one was with the director. The interviews are very conversational, so don’t be stressed out! Let me know if you have any questions!

25 minutes ago, Healthcarerocks said:

I got an invitation to interview June 9th but had to reschedule due to the last minute interview. I just interviewed July 14th, which was the first official session. Interviews are going to be carried out through the fall, and the deadline to apply is September 1st. Don’t feel discouraged! I submitted my CASPA mid-May and that’s why I got the first session. I talked to a lot of students there and most of them interviewed late last cycle (i.e September). All the faculty there are so sweet, and you can tell they actually read your application. There were three interviews; two were with two faculty members each and one was with the director. The interviews are very conversational, so don’t be stressed out! Let me know if you have any questions!

i second this. the staff was amazing and it was nice having current students to talk to throughout the day. did you happen to ask when we should be hearing a decision by? i totally forgot to ask and now i'm stressing over it but don't want to bother them 

9 hours ago, Nangs412 said:

i second this. the staff was amazing and it was nice having current students to talk to throughout the day. did you happen to ask when we should be hearing a decision by? i totally forgot to ask and now i'm stressing over it but don't want to bother them 

No, I didn’t! I assumed on the Monday after the interview, but I haven’t heard anything back yet either. It could take a week or two before we hear anything back, since they are still teaching the current students.

I didn't know this program was an option until a nurse I work with mentioned it today! She's doing her NP through them and LOVES Ursuline! I trust her judgement and their curriculum looks great. I just applied today, while I took my lunch break at work. I live locally and, if I got in, I wouldn't have to move away from the life I built here, which is a big deal for me.

My GPA from undergrad is awful, but I've shown much higher academics in the last five years with a MS degree and post-bacc classes. I have a lot of healthcare and volunteer hours, and I trust all of my LORs. Do you guys get the sense that they are as holistic as they say they are? I hate being judged by other programs for the GPA I received ten-ish years ago, and it's really breaking me down lately. 

Fingers crossed for me, guys! All of mine are crossed for you all 🙂 

5 hours ago, microscopicblackhole said:

I didn't know this program was an option until a nurse I work with mentioned it today! She's doing her NP through them and LOVES Ursuline! I trust her judgement and their curriculum looks great. I just applied today, while I took my lunch break at work. I live locally and, if I got in, I wouldn't have to move away from the life I built here, which is a big deal for me.

My GPA from undergrad is awful, but I've shown much higher academics in the last five years with a MS degree and post-bacc classes. I have a lot of healthcare and volunteer hours, and I trust all of my LORs. Do you guys get the sense that they are as holistic as they say they are? I hate being judged by other programs for the GPA I received ten-ish years ago, and it's really breaking me down lately. 

Fingers crossed for me, guys! All of mine are crossed for you all 🙂 

I wouldn’t worry about your GPA! They do seem very holistic in their review, and if you showed an upward trend then you should be fine! They mainly want to see how dedicated you are to becoming a PA and if you are able to get along with the other candidates. A lot of the Ursuline students said that they didn’t have the best GPA and still got in. You got this! Just show them how much of an asset you’d be to their program! Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, abcd12345 said:

Congrats!!!❤️ Anyone know if this means that if you haven't gotten any news after your interview, it's probably a rejection/ waitlist then?

I don’t think that’s true. Melanie did say that it depends. There’s still another day of interviews in two weeks and a possible one more day. (They haven’t decided if they’re adding another day or not). Don’t lose hope! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pocketsizedPA said:

I don’t think that’s true. Melanie did say that it depends. There’s still another day of interviews in two weeks and a possible one more day. (They haven’t decided if they’re adding another day or not). Don’t lose hope! 

Given the tight window with interview days, do you think that if I submitted this past week I even have a shot? 

12 hours ago, microscopicblackhole said:

Given the tight window with interview days, do you think that if I submitted this past week I even have a shot? 

I'm wondering if they filled up most of their seats. I was notified July 10th that my app was in review and would hear more soon, but seeing how many interviews and have been done + acceptances, they seem like they are almost full

On 7/22/2023 at 9:52 PM, AKJustinS said:

I'm wondering if they filled up most of their seats. I was notified July 10th that my app was in review and would hear more soon, but seeing how many interviews and have been done + acceptances, they seem like they are almost full

I hope they haven’t, but I’m getting nervous. I also didn’t receive an email that my application was received, outside of the general CASPA one. Should I email them? How long did it take you?

Normally, I would give it a week or so, but I’m thinking of emailing if I don’t get a confirmation of receipt from the program by Wednesday based on other responses I’m seeing here. I’m nervous now that there will only be one more interview date and they’ll fill the class.