Ursuline College 2023-2024

2 hours ago, microscopicblackhole said:

Nope, nothing here either! My PCE job has been stressful these last few weeks, so I’m really hopeful something still works out! The thought of asking for LORs from my recommenders for yet another cycle has me internally shrinking ….

I was told they are still looking at applications and to be patient 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChasingPA23 said:

Same here! I really hope things workout for us! 

Since they're a January start, I'd like to hope that we'll all hear back no later than November. Since this fall is also the busy season and people are probably going to be playing musical chairs with seats, I feel like they'll have to have 1-2 more interview dates so they have a waitlist built up, if anything, just in case people drop their seats.

That being said, I'm also low-key worried about pestering Melanie, but she always seems so happy to answer the emailed questions I have. It's never for updates, just mostly questions. I just don't want them to get annoyed by me, but I also want them to know that if I got in, I would be a student who would 100% be committed to going, as I wouldn't have to move. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but I'm feeling really discouraged as time marches on and my Rs keep rolling in.

Hoping we all can get in together and meet irl. Maybe laugh about how we were all online, freaking out on the forums at one point.... 

Fingers crossed for all of you guys! Do the same for me? ❤️ 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2023 at 3:10 PM, microscopicblackhole said:

Since they're a January start, I'd like to hope that we'll all hear back no later than November. Since this fall is also the busy season and people are probably going to be playing musical chairs with seats, I feel like they'll have to have 1-2 more interview dates so they have a waitlist built up, if anything, just in case people drop their seats.

That being said, I'm also low-key worried about pestering Melanie, but she always seems so happy to answer the emailed questions I have. It's never for updates, just mostly questions. I just don't want them to get annoyed by me, but I also want them to know that if I got in, I would be a student who would 100% be committed to going, as I wouldn't have to move. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but I'm feeling really discouraged as time marches on and my Rs keep rolling in.

Hoping we all can get in together and meet irl. Maybe laugh about how we were all online, freaking out on the forums at one point.... 

Fingers crossed for all of you guys! Do the same for me? ❤️ 

What questions do you ask? Do you think it’s helpful to reach out like that or best to wait and be patient? I’ll keep my fingers crossed you!!

On 9/8/2023 at 1:35 PM, ManifestingBeingaPA said:

What questions do you ask? Do you think it’s helpful to reach out like that or best to wait and be patient? I’ll keep my fingers crossed you!!

I do think it’s helpful to stay in contact just to reiterate your interest in the school! Just of course don’t bombard them with emails, but Melanie is so sweet, I doubt she would mind. 🙂 Best of luck to you! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, microscopicblackhole said:

Someone in a Facebook group that I’m in just said they received an interview invite yesterday for a late July application … 😢 Still haven’t heard anything. You guys?

Late July submitter here, have heard nothing. Super disappointed , was able to interview last year was hoping for 2 in a row. 

14 hours ago, PA2027 said:

Don't give up, there's still time! The only date available was 9/29 but they let us chose either 9am-12:30pm or 12pm-3:30pm. 

Thanks, friend! Appreciate you giving info and words of encouragement to those of us still waiting. 

And congrats on your interview. You’re going to kill it! We’re all rooting for you 🫶🏻 

5 hours ago, michellex09 said:

How did you hear about the invite? email or phone? I am still waiting and I am so impatient. 

I got an email! I was shocked to receive one because so many people have been saying the class has been filled. So definitely don’t lose hope!! I submitted mid June if that helps anyone 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, microscopicblackhole said:

Rejected without interview. Beyond upset, as I thought this was my best shot given my stats and their holistic approach and no minimums. Onto next cycle. Best of luck to those still in the cycle. 

It's hard, for sure. Hang in there; it's hard saying what schools want. I was "called out" on an interview the other day because I don't have quite an intensive load as a student going from undergrad to grad, but I'm a non-traditional older applicant. Forums can be brutal too, I'm getting upset as I see my top school interview, offer seats and I haven't passed review yet. 

On 9/14/2023 at 11:30 AM, microscopicblackhole said:

Rejected without interview. Beyond upset, as I thought this was my best shot given my stats and their holistic approach and no minimums. Onto next cycle. Best of luck to those still in the cycle. 

Was rooting for you, friend. I'm sorry but keep your head up! My stats are way below par and definitely below minimum for 70% of the schools. And I got in my first cycle! So be encouraged. 

Edited by pocketsizedPA
  • Like 2