Ursuline College 2023-2024

1 hour ago, Roskist said:

I applied on 7/18 and received an email saying they received my application on 7/20. They are also having an info session August 17th 

Gotcha! I applied on 7/20 and have not yet received confirmation. I'll wait a bit longer, as that was the tail-end of the week. And yes, I signed up for the info session on August 17th! I'm excited to learn more, their courses seem super comprehensive. I know they're a new program, but I've heard really good things so far. Feeling hopeful! 🙂 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, microscopicblackhole said:

Gotcha! I applied on 7/20 and have not yet received confirmation. I'll wait a bit longer, as that was the tail-end of the week. And yes, I signed up for the info session on August 17th! I'm excited to learn more, their courses seem super comprehensive. I know they're a new program, but I've heard really good things so far. Feeling hopeful! 🙂 

I applied on the 10th of July and they emailed me on July 15th they had received it and will review it. Im definitely worried they already filled their seats

7 hours ago, microscopicblackhole said:

I hope they haven’t, but I’m getting nervous. I also didn’t receive an email that my application was received, outside of the general CASPA one. Should I email them? How long did it take you?

Normally, I would give it a week or so, but I’m thinking of emailing if I don’t get a confirmation of receipt from the program by Wednesday based on other responses I’m seeing here. I’m nervous now that there will only be one more interview date and they’ll fill the class. 

On July 10th, I got an e-mail from Melanie saying They recevied it and verified it and that they will begin reviewing it shortly. 

On 7/22/2023 at 9:52 PM, AKJustinS said:

I'm wondering if they filled up most of their seats. I was notified July 10th that my app was in review and would hear more soon, but seeing how many interviews and have been done + acceptances, they seem like they are almost full

we've only seen a few people on here get acceptances, i don't think their seats are almost full. if anything i would assume they save a few seats until the are finished interviewing! 

26 minutes ago, Nangs412 said:

we've only seen a few people on here get acceptances, i don't think their seats are almost full. if anything i would assume they save a few seats until the are finished interviewing! 

True! Plus, they’re more likely to overfill their class or give out waitlist interviews. It’s still early in the cycle, and there’s always room for movement if people drop their seats for another program.

I would definitely continue trying. This was my first choice despite me having to move because I feel like this school is different in a good way. All the current students are super happy with the staff and they seem very close. Even while we were there, the students and staff were joking with one another. It was really fun to see. Also, the campus is beautiful. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, pocketsizedPA said:

I would definitely continue trying. This was my first choice despite me having to move because I feel like this school is different in a good way. All the current students are super happy with the staff and they seem very close. Even while we were there, the students and staff were joking with one another. It was really fun to see. Also, the campus is beautiful. 

I know, same! I love the vibe I’ve been getting, and have a good feeling about this program. I really hope I get the chance to interview. I live local and wouldn’t have to uproot my life by moving to attend school. 🥹

14 hours ago, microscopicblackhole said:

Nope, unfortunately still waiting. But I only applied last week. Do you mind me asking when you heard back about interview? And when you submitted? Congrats & good luck, friend!

I submitted around June 2nd, and heard back June 26th for interview invite! Good luck to you also, I am hoping for your success! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HopefulPASoon said:

I got accepted August 6th! I also interviewed that day!

Congrats! I’m anxiously awaiting their review of my application. Fingers are triple crossed. Do you know the date in January that classes typically start or if they’re nearing full for the cohort? I know someone on here mentioned a while back that they may only be doing one more interview date …

I’m anxious that it’s already August and clases would start in only a few months, so I’m wondering how close to a full class they may be at the moment. 

10 hours ago, HopefulPASoon said:

I personally believe that the class is not close to capacity yet but I am not sure. They are still reviewing so there is still a very good chance! Good luck future PA! 

Fingers crossed then! I got the generic email they're reviewing me on 08/04, and saw someone on a FB page with the same email, so I think they're onto a new batch of reviews if a few of us got it. I've been in contact with them due to some application updates, so the language in this email was definitely more of a generic, mass-emailed one. Hopefully that means they'll finish their review soon and schedule another interview date for the end of this month or next month! 

1 hour ago, Futurepas18 said:

I interviewed august 6th and received my acceptance call later that day. The interview process was awesome and the current students spoke highly of the program. The only thing I’m worried about is the program being so new. Any thoughts on that?

I haven’t interviewed, but live and work in one of the local health systems. Ursuline is a highly respected nursing & NP program in Ohio. I heard about it from a  colleague doing her NP there, and she seems to love the school, peers, and staff! I’m less worried about this new PA school versus other developing programs since they’ve had their hand in the medical field for a long time. 

Congrats on the a! I hope I can interview this year. I’d love to stay put haha. 

2 hours ago, Futurepas18 said:

I interviewed august 6th and received my acceptance call later that day. The interview process was awesome and the current students spoke highly of the program. The only thing I’m worried about is the program being so new. Any thoughts on that?

Omg congrats to you future PA!! This school is really trying their best to form a curriculum geared for success of their students, so I dont think you should be worried about it being new! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, microscopicblackhole said:

I haven’t interviewed, but live and work in one of the local health systems. Ursuline is a highly respected nursing & NP program in Ohio. I heard about it from a  colleague doing her NP there, and she seems to love the school, peers, and staff! I’m less worried about this new PA school versus other developing programs since they’ve had their hand in the medical field for a long time. 

Congrats on the a! I hope I can interview this year. I’d love to stay put haha. 

I agree. Although the university is new, after extensive conversation with the staff and the current students, everyone seems very pleased with how the program is going. They do prioritize student mental health as well as obviously, wanting students to do well in their program. Dr. Adler and each professor come from amazing backgrounds. I believe they really are trying to change how PA schools are. The reason why ARC-PA has been very strict, which is why I think schools are not getting accredited, losing accreditation, or going on probation. They passed their most recent visit and from what Dr. Adler said, what they were told to work on was very minor. They don't anticipate losing accreditation, but who does? However, doing my due diligence, and speaking with the staff in great detail,  I feel that Ursuline is doing something great. 

I did get another interview at another school that is also provisionally accredited, though declined due to speaking to current and past students of their medical school. Not to poop on them, but I really feel strongly about Ursuline, even if that means moving for myself. 🙂

That being said, I think anyone who is still thinking about applying, should. I'm sure there are still seats or at least the waitlist if necessary. Contact Melanie and discuss with her. Good luck to everyone! 

• Like 2