application 23-24 cycle

• tas1011 changed the title to application 23-24 cycle
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I am currently in the D’Youville PA program and was wondering if anyone is interested in co-renting an apt/house near the school??   

please let me know if you guys are interested!! Thanks 🙂

also please feel free to reach out if you guys have any questions about the program, I’ll be more than happy to answer!

On 8/22/2023 at 2:49 PM, FuturePAS221 said:

Hi everyone!

I am currently in the D’Youville PA program and was wondering if anyone is interested in co-renting an apt/house near the school??   

please let me know if you guys are interested!! Thanks 🙂

also please feel free to reach out if you guys have any questions about the program, I’ll be more than happy to answer!

Hi , 

I applied to the program, how is the program I know they have the master program alone. How is the interview process like. Thank you 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, FuturePA231 said:

Did you find out any information on MS program requirements?

I applied and received an email that my application was under review. They don’t have any prerequisites on their website, however in the email they sent me the 10 prerequisites they require. It kinda sucks because some of the required prerequisites I didn’t take and haven’t seen any other programs have them as a requirement. 

7 minutes ago, YourNextPA said:

I applied and received an email that my application was under review. They don’t have any prerequisites on their website, however in the email they sent me the 10 prerequisites they require. It kinda sucks because some of the required prerequisites I didn’t take and haven’t seen any other programs have them as a requirement. 

Could you list the prerequisites? I'm just starting to look at schools in NY and the deadline is today. I'd rather not waste money if I won't be considered. Do you know if they are strict requirements or if they can be outstanding and completed in the spring?

30 minutes ago, FuturePA231 said:

Did you find out any information on MS program requirements?

Yes, they want human anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 and human gross anatomy as well. They also want pathophysiology. The rest of the prerequisites are pretty standard like psychology, statistics, microbiology. Organic chemistry. 

10 minutes ago, YourNextPA said:

Yes, they want human anatomy and physiology 1 and 2 and human gross anatomy as well. They also want pathophysiology. The rest of the prerequisites are pretty standard like psychology, statistics, microbiology. Organic chemistry. 

That's odd, I was looking at the BS/MS curriculum to get an idea of prereqs and they don't have their undergraduate students take pathophysiology.

23 minutes ago, YourNextPA said:

I thought the same thing. I didn’t take  that class so I’m just waiting to hear back from them 

hey so I emailed them and they told me its okay if I didnt take it or if I have courses pending... I really thought we would take pathophysiology in pa school but they want us to take it before hand. So they told us if we get accepted we would have to take it at their school. bummer fr about the human gross anatomy and pathophysiology 

7 minutes ago, zayelhawa said:

hey so I emailed them and they told me its okay if I didnt take it or if I have courses pending... I really thought we would take pathophysiology in pa school but they want us to take it before hand. So they told us if we get accepted we would have to take it at their school. bummer fr about the human gross anatomy and pathophysiology 

Oh that’s good to know!  And yeah I never heard of pathophysiology in undergrad so I was definitely taken back from it. I didn’t take that or the gross anatomy. Hopefully they remove those courses as a requirement in the future. Hope to hear from them soon. Did you get any other updates?

1 minute ago, YourNextPA said:

Oh that’s good to know!  And yeah I never heard of pathophysiology in undergrad so I was definitely taken back from it. I didn’t take that or the gross anatomy. Hopefully they remove those courses as a requirement in the future. Hope to hear from them soon. Did you get any other updates?

I tried to wave my medical terminology course requirement since I worked in a field which relied heavy on medical terminology but they told me that I would have to waive that once I get in or after the interview... as of interview dates I really dont know when they'll be sending out interviews ;/ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourNextPA said:

when did u receive the email that they received your applications ?