South University - Georgia 2023-2024

On 7/6/2023 at 8:27 PM, jessicamays said:

Hello, I am taking my GRE on July 25th and was planning to wait to submit until my scores come back. I’m getting nervous now that I see interviews are going out now. Do you think I should submit before the GRE scores are back or still wait? 

I would suggest reaching out to office of admissions. Every program is different on requirements before they will begin reviewing your application. 

3 hours ago, lalaprepa said:

For those who have interviewed… any suggestions on what to wear on the first day? Thanks in advance 

For the first day, you check-in and take photos. You meet with the student ambassadors. At this, I would wear business casual. Then, there will likely be a break for you to go home and change before dinner with the student ambassadors. Dress code is VERY casual (think t-shirt/shorts). You don’t meet any faculty or any of the interviewers on the first day. It’s supposed to be super chill and to help you get rid of any nerves prior to the big day. 

Day 2: wear business professional but make sure you’re in shoes that you’re comfortable wearing as there is a campus tour. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PAgirlypop said:

For the first day, you check-in and take photos. You meet with the student ambassadors. At this, I would wear business casual. Then, there will likely be a break for you to go home and change before dinner with the student ambassadors. Dress code is VERY casual (think t-shirt/shorts). You don’t meet any faculty or any of the interviewers on the first day. It’s supposed to be super chill and to help you get rid of any nerves prior to the big day. 

Day 2: wear business professional but make sure you’re in shoes that you’re comfortable wearing as there is a campus tour. 

Thank you. This is a huge help! still haven't received an email confirming itinerary, but  I figured since they had GAPA convention going on this week maybe they will send everything out on Monday?

On 7/13/2023 at 11:24 AM, PAgirlypop said:

What were the men there wearing on Day 1? Im having a hard time thinking of what to wear on Day 1.

Hi!

I submitted my application about 3 weeks ago and never received an email from them confirming they got my application (which I got from every other school). It says it is verified on CASPA, and I sent my GRE to the correct code. Did this happen for anyone else?

Just want to make sure I’m doing the right thing!!

Edited by prepauga23

7 hours ago, yrb39 said:

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing, how was the discussion panel part of the interview 😮 Was it pretty relaxed? Also, did you feel the one on ones were repetitive at all since there are 3 of them? Thanks! 

The panel was VERY relaxed, at my interview everyone’s panel was with the school’s medical director. I would prepare some questions about the program. Also, I only had 2 one on one interviews, one was with faculty member and the other was with a practicing PA from community so I didn’t feel they were repetitive. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PaigeRRT said:

The panel was VERY relaxed, at my interview everyone’s panel was with the school’s medical director. I would prepare some questions about the program. Also, I only had 2 one on one interviews, one was with faculty member and the other was with a practicing PA from community so I didn’t feel they were repetitive. 

Thanks for sharing! 😊 hope the interview went well for you

9 hours ago, PaigeRRT said:

Nice. Was there anything very specific and out of the ordinary that they asked?