AAPA schedule modified

According to The Washington Post, Weiss "portrays herself as a liberal uncomfortable with the excesses of left-wing culture",[71] and has sought to "position herself as a reasonable liberal concerned that far-left critiques stifled free speech".[72] Vanity Fair described Weiss as "a provocateur".[6] The Jewish Telegraphic Agency said that her writing "doesn't lend itself easily to labels".[73] Weiss has been described as conservative by Haaretz, The Times of Israel, The Daily Dot, and Business Insider.[74][75][76][77] In an interview with Joe Rogan, she described herself as a "left-leaning centrist".[78]

She quit WOPO in protest over their pandering to the left and has been doing podcasts and TV appearances talking about cancel culture and the extreme left. She also tries to have people with different opinions come on her podcast. I suppose in many circles that makes her guilty of some kind  of phobia or ism. To me its dialogue and we have to get back to being able to disagree without the currently mandatory hate and anger. We have become so intolerant and thin skinned it is mind boggling.

I am, if I have to be labeled, a centrist with libertarian leanings. I have friends on the far left and the far right and everywhere in between. My tolerance for others opinions stretches until hate or violence is involved. Not perceived hate or violence or tender feelings... real hate and violence. My friends and I simply disagree and, so far, none of us has tried to have the others erased or fired or anything else. We just shrug and move on.

Edited by Hemmingway
added comments.
  • Upvote 2

On 5/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, Hemmingway said:

I am, if I have to be labeled, a centrist with libertarian leanings. I have friends on the far left and the far right and everywhere in between. My tolerance for others opinions stretches until hate or violence is involved. Not perceived hate or violence or tender feelings... real hate and violence. My friends and I simply disagree and, so far, none of us has tried to have the others erased or fired or anything else. We just shrug and move on.

Sounds very reasonable. Which is unfortunately very out of place in today's world. 

There are people who will simply melt down if exposed to an alternative viewpoint. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Administrator
On 5/18/2023 at 10:27 AM, CAAdmission said:

Sounds very reasonable. Which is unfortunately very out of place in today's world. 

There are people who will simply melt down if exposed to an alternative viewpoint. 

I swear I've heard half a dozen reminders regarding decorum and collegiality from the HOD podium so far, and we're nowhere near the interesting resolutions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, CAAdmission said:

You need to go all "Australian parliament' on them. 

I really did not. I addressed a number of serious and contentious issues in a very patient-focused and polite manner, and honestly, I wouldn't have done it any other way.