2023-2024 Application Cycle

Just now, studiousfuturePA said:

Ok thanks for informing me!

Nope, I don't know if they have sent out invites yet. No one on this forum has said anything about getting one so far.

Added more to my previous response, btw! 

I asked because seconds before you posted that, I received this email, which i believe most of us have now received: 

IMG_2151.png

On 8/27/2023 at 12:28 PM, Mashedpotatoes81 said:

Hi all!

Here sharing my application status as a first time applicant:

Applied Jul 16, verifed Jul 24

Like some of you, I have yet to receive an email confirming app receipt from the school.

Will post here with more updates

Update: I got email from them on Aug 31 stating they received my application fee and that they are behind on application processing.

Prospective students applying to the University of Southern California via OTCAS, PTCAS, CASPA, SOPHAS, and PharmCAS should follow the submission guidelines indicated on their respective applications. Follow the instructions below only if you are applying directly to USC using our application system.

maybe it doesn’t apply to us since we apply through CASPA and not directly through USC? 

44 minutes ago, bellaPAschool said:

hahaha i made mine as well. do you know if we are to submit anything additional or it’s just for notifications?

ahh, this makes me nervous having not heard anything since the email on 8/31, but then less nervous knowing they’re behind, but then i overthink and get way more nervous than i was before lmaoooo.  

congrats on hearing this, though! may i ask when you applied and if you’ve received an interview invite? 

Edited by MPHtoPA2023

1 hour ago, MPHtoPA2023 said:

ahh, this makes me nervous having not heard anything since the email on 8/31, but then less nervous knowing they’re behind, but then i overthink and get way more nervous than i was before lmaoooo.  

congrats on hearing this, though! may i ask when you applied and if you’ve received an interview invite? 

I submitted 5/16 and i have not received an interview invite. i am nervous too as i am a reapplicant and out of state but it’s important to trust your hard work that you’ve put into your applications! we are all very qualified and have great chances of getting in

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bellaPAschool said:

I submitted 5/16 and i have not received an interview invite. i am nervous too as i am a reapplicant and out of state but it’s important to trust your hard work that you’ve put into your applications! we are all very qualified and have great chances of getting in

Gah, ok now I feel more confident that this is due to the program being behind. I submitted CASPA 6/30 and the supplemental 8/3. I’m not a reapplicant to this program, but this is my third cycle (albeit my first with all prerequisites completed and final GPAs calculated) so I definitely feel you. I am confident this is our year!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jarsnak said:

@bellaPAschool I got this email back from them!! It seems very generic 🤷‍♀️

also idk how to respond to people's specific posts... how do I do that?

Screenshot_20230913-120327.png

press the quote button! that will allow you to reply directly to someone’s post

i haven’t gotten that email yet, but i did get the one that i assume comes right before it?

IMG_2278.png

On 9/13/2023 at 7:36 AM, bellaPAschool said:

i just got an email with a USC ID number and links to login to a portal…has anyone gotten this?

On 9/13/2023 at 8:29 AM, jarsnak said:

I also just got an email with a USC ID and links... I made an account but then realized it said wait 3-5 days... oops

Omg got my youSC ID at 3:45 this morning! what a great thing to wake up to omg. 

• Like 1