University of Utah 2023-2024

25 minutes ago, Itsthehippies said:

Did your email specify the St. George campus? I was hoping for St George but it looks like my interview is for the main salt lake campus

Yes, it specifically stated that the interview was for St George and that it would be my home campus if admitted. 

Edited by Medic503

Hi everyone, I got an interview on Nov. 9th.  Finally after 3 years trying (at the U)!

I've read different things about the A/P test: some say it's simple, others say some higher level questions.  Sounds like both?  Also, is it multi-choice, fill-in-blank, both?

Thanks and good luck.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RDNPrePA said:

Received my interview invite 2 days ago! Interview is on Nov 9 for SLC ❤️ SO ecstatic about this. Also would love any tips for the exam, I’ll try to find some things out about it too! 

Yea if you find anything let me know too! I got my invite for St. George and I took anat and phys like four years ago so I am struggling where to start! 

18 hours ago, livjayy said:

It looks like from previous years there is not an MMI portion, just three individual interviews, then a group and the test. Does anyone know the 65 students that they accept is that per campus? Or how big is each cohort per campus? 

I believe the total they accept is in the upper 60s with about 20-24 in St George and the majority in SLC. 

4 hours ago, livjayy said:

Oh gotcha, makes sense. I was trying to find hard numbers and it was real difficult. 

Here are some hard numbers for you directly from the U. (68, BTW - started to increase to that size as of 2018):

https://admin.dfpm.medicine.utah.edu/sites/g/files/zrelqx411/files/media/documents/2022/demographics.pdf

Those 68 are broken down as follows: 44 SLC, 24 Saint George (you’ll just have to take my word for it) 😉 

Edit: and no, campus doesn’t help or hurt you. You can also say you’re up for attending either campus (unless maybe you said otherwise earlier on idk how that works, when I went through the process I said either campus with a preference for one).

and some more hard numbers from the U (different year cohort):

https://medicine.utah.edu/dfpm/documents/demographicspdf

Edited by justsomeperson

Hi everyone! Current PA-S1 at UPAP SLC. For those wondering about the A&P exam, it is a multiple choice exam using ExamSoft, the testing software our cohort employs for our exams. Last year we brought personal laptops for the A&P exam. (If there are tech or connectivity issues you will take the exam using a bubble sheet.)

I can pretty confidently tell you the exam will not factor into your interview score. It is (maybe?) used for faculty to determine a baseline knowledge of the incoming cohort and, if needed and on rare occasions, used as a tie breaker between two equally competitive applicants. We are suspicious the exam is not looked at at all. It could be used to get applicants familiar with the testing software, since we use it heavily during didactic year. Some previously admitted students did not finish the exam, and many applicants did not study for the exam, myself included. Personally, I would focus my time and energy on practicing interview questions. 

For students on the interview waitlist, you have a very very good chance of interviewing! I was pulled off of the interview waitlist, and one of my classmates was called into interview from the waitlist for the following morning. With this in mind, prepare as if you already received an interview invite! 

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to meeting the applicants interviewing in SLC. 🙂

• Like 4