A great Peds Zebra Case

1 hour ago, Hemmingway said:

Good article. I had to look up "phlegmous".  It is now my vocab word of the day.

Learning a new word daily is one of my goals. My pt presented with a persistent  sore throat. Headaches,  dizziness,  sore throats are the bane of my UC experiences  all of which can bite you!

Have to put this back in the DDx box, given I now work on a First Nations reserve, where I'd have to say most of the population have MRSA...

Edit to add - other thing here is about 10-15% of the MRSA and even MSSA cultures I'm seeing lately are clindamycin resistant...and it's one of our go to IV ABx for dual coverage, since we can't use vancomycin where we are beyond one dose or maybe two, due to isolation and getting proper trough levels.  We don't have IV TMP-SMX either.

Edited by sk732
Additional info

8 minutes ago, sk732 said:

Have to put this back in the DDx box, given I now work on a First Nations reserve, where I'd have to say most of the population have MRSA...

Edit to add - other thing here is about 10-15% of the MRSA and even MSSA cultures I'm seeing lately are clindamycin resistant...and it's one of our go to IV ABx for dual coverage, since we can't use vancomycin where we are beyond one dose or maybe two, due to isolation and getting proper trough levels.  We don't have IV TMP-SMX either.

Working in Canada 🇨🇦?