UOP 2023-2024 Cycle

9 hours ago, ZZPA2023 said:

Hi! Congrats on your interview. Did they keep you in applicant pool?

Hii! Yes they did!! I am so thankful. 😭 They let me know exactly 7 days after the interview. Now it’s just a waiting game for everyone to interview and then we find out their final decision of acceptance, waitlist or rejected at the end of September. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2023 at 5:28 PM, mpac12345678 said:

congrats on the interview invite! do you mind sharing when you submitted your caspa app as well as stats? tyia!

I submitted my CASPA apps on June 12. I don't have my stats available at the moment but I would like to consider myself a strong applicant. This is my second year applying to PA schools, first year applying to UOP. ~ 3.9 GPA ~ 3,000+ PCE ~ 300 shadowing hours in diff specialties and ~1,000+ volunteer hours 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mpac12345678 said:

hi all, 

i was wondering if anyone submitted caspa around 6/17/23 and received an interview invite. i saw in an earlier post that someone received an interview invite, though they submitted caspa 6/28/23. i want to have ease of mind and accept that it's a rejection (since i was looking at previous cycle forums)🥲

hey! I submitted 5/14 and still haven't heard anything! I think it's better that we at least didn't receive a rejection yet! I'm assuming they put my application on the back-burner to see if they like other applicants more and will get back to it. (but that's just my guess 😅)

12 hours ago, smallpossum805 said:

hi! I had app verified and submitted on 7/4, passed initial screening 7/17, interview invite 7/19. I'm a (nervous) first-time applicant w/ CA residence. Here are my stats: 
Non-science BA, cGPA: 3.50, sGPA 3.20, post bac science: 3.86, Freshman Science: 1.30 (upward trend gang lmao)
PCE: 4,200+ hrs (500 as PT aide, the rest as an backoffice MA), Leadership: 1450+ hrs, Non-HC employment: 4000 hrs, HCE: 165 hours, Teaching experience: 900+ hrs, Volunteer: 300+ hrs

Is your interview date 8/9?

6 minutes ago, PAhopeful1322 said:

Hi everyone! I applied on June 14th and haven't heard anything back other than that they have received my application. Should I be concerned? People that applied after me seem to have passed the initial screening and some received interviews 

I would say that hearing nothing is better than a hard rejection! Live up to your username and stay hopeful! They give priority to CA residents so if you aren't one that could be why. Just keep waiting! I submitted on 5/15 which was a whole month earlier than you and then interviewed in July. They are probably going through them by order received. Keep your hopes up it is not over until it is over!

7 minutes ago, mbeanz99 said:

I would say that hearing nothing is better than a hard rejection! Live up to your username and stay hopeful! They give priority to CA residents so if you aren't one that could be why. Just keep waiting! I submitted on 5/15 which was a whole month earlier than you and then interviewed in July. They are probably going through them by order received. Keep your hopes up it is not over until it is over!

Thank you! I actually am a CA resident and near Sacramento which is why I am a little extra worried! I am happy to get in anywhere I applied but being able to not move would be great. Thank you so much for your kind words! 

7 hours ago, PAhopeful1322 said:

Hi everyone! I applied on June 14th and haven't heard anything back other than that they have received my application. Should I be concerned? People that applied after me seem to have passed the initial screening and some received interviews 

i applied around that time as well. i have received the initial screening email at the end of june, but haven't received anything else. concerned as well, but still hopeful for us :)) 

On 8/8/2023 at 9:43 PM, FuturePA231 said:

Is anyone interviewing on Aug 11th? I saw a few of you are on 8/9. Also, I am contemplating if I should wear heels or flats. Is there a ton of walking all day or just a quick tour?

There's not a lot of walking. You basically are in the main PA building the whole day on the second floor!