UOP 2023-2024 Cycle

1 minute ago, pink1999 said:

aw thanks ;((

I thought I would hear back too I submitted 5/14 verified & confirmed 5/15 & passed initial screening 5/28. 

The waiting is the hardest part! Hang in there. You are still in the running if you haven’t gotten a rejection email. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼

7 minutes ago, kdescalso said:

The waiting is the hardest part! Hang in there. You are still in the running if you haven’t gotten a rejection email. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏼

omg you're so nice😭. Not losing hope just yet. I wish the best for you and everyone as well ❤️ 

I've been getting some personal messages regarding the interviews and interview invites so I figured I'd just share some advice here!

First off, congratulations on your interview invite! Take a second and be proud of yourself because UOP only interviews 200 out of thousands of applicants and it's a huge achievement! That is super exciting!

UOP's interview day is all about faculty getting to know you through a variety of methods and for you to get to know them and see if UOP is a good fit for you. It is an 8-5 interview so it's a long day! Stay hydrated and keep Advil in your bag because stress headaches are a thing lol (I'm serious- the stress, the bright lights, the uncomfy shoes, and lack of sleep all catch up).

The number one tip is to just be yourself! The faculty wants to see that the person you illustrated in the application is the same person you actually are. Be honest, be real, and just be your genuine self. As one of my classmates says, the interviews are just a "vibe check"- you have the qualifications on paper to be a PA student and now faculty wants to know if you have the right personality to fit into the program culture. There's a group interview that's all about collaboration, a panel interview for faculty to get to know you and ask unique questions about you, the student time where you get to speak with students, a faculty lunch so you can mingle with faculty and your peers. The writing prompt is honestly pretty chill! They don't expect it to be any grand creative writing prompt- they just want to know more about you and confirm that you are the same person who wrote your application lol.

I used an interview book for sample questions to practice off of and I made sure I had two to three bullet points/ stories for each question. It's always better to show than tell so reflect on your past experiences and keep some specific stories/ lessons fresh in your head. The goal isn't to memorize the answer to every question and regurgitate it during the interview. Just have talking points prepared that can be used for a variety of questions. The goal is to be personable and unique! Also be kind to the interviewers, students volunteering, and everyone that is interviewing with you!

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Edited by kirankaur
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, PAhopeful1322 said:

Do you mind sharing your stats?

No not at all! I honestly think its due to my being an OOS applicant.

cGPA: 3.75 
sGPA: 3.70 
BCP: 3.62 
Last 60 credit hours: 3.79 
HCE: 800+ hours (currently working as a medical technologist at the American Red Cross) 
PCE: 2600 hours as a PCT on an acute inpatient rehab unit 
Leadership: 1116 hours as a Lead PCT on the acute inpatient rehab unit 
Research: 860 hours between a neurobiology lab working on neurodegenerative diseases and a pharmacology & toxicology lab working on the breast cancer research.
Teaching Experience: 200 hours as a Biology 101 TA
Volunteering: 890 hours between working as a mutual aid distribution organization and as a STEM transfer student peer mentor.  
Non Healthcare Employment: 13,648 hours 
CASPer: 4th percentile 
GRE: 300/5 on analytical 
LORS: 3 (1 MD, 1 professor from my human metabolism & disease class & working in his neurobiology lab, and 1 RN/Nursing Manager) 

Am also a non-traditional student since I am older and had to put myself through school by working full time. 

36 minutes ago, Motherofterror said:

No not at all! I honestly think its due to my being an OOS applicant.

cGPA: 3.75 
sGPA: 3.70 
BCP: 3.62 
Last 60 credit hours: 3.79 
HCE: 800+ hours (currently working as a medical technologist at the American Red Cross) 
PCE: 2600 hours as a PCT on an acute inpatient rehab unit 
Leadership: 1116 hours as a Lead PCT on the acute inpatient rehab unit 
Research: 860 hours between a neurobiology lab working on neurodegenerative diseases and a pharmacology & toxicology lab working on the breast cancer research.
Teaching Experience: 200 hours as a Biology 101 TA
Volunteering: 890 hours between working as a mutual aid distribution organization and as a STEM transfer student peer mentor.  
Non Healthcare Employment: 13,648 hours 
CASPer: 4th percentile 
GRE: 300/5 on analytical 
LORS: 3 (1 MD, 1 professor from my human metabolism & disease class & working in his neurobiology lab, and 1 RN/Nursing Manager) 

Am also a non-traditional student since I am older and had to put myself through school by working full time. 

Wow those are impressive stats. Hopefully another school sees your potential! 🙂 do you mind sharing when you submitted/received initial screening email?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, alypas said:

Wow those are impressive stats. Hopefully another school sees your potential! 🙂 do you mind sharing when you submitted/received initial screening email?

I submitted 5/30 and never received the initial screening email, just the application received email. Just paid money to be told no with no reason hahah. 

1 minute ago, Motherofterror said:

I submitted 5/30 and never received the initial screening email, just the application received email. Just paid money to be told no with no reason hahah. 

I agree your stats are incredible and I am confident other schools will see that. Best of luck to you 

Anxiously expecting that rejection email now 🥲🥲

• Like 1