UOP 2023-2024 Cycle

Hey everyone, my name is Bryan and I am a student in the current class of '25 here at UOP. I want to wish everyone an emphatic GOOD LUCK with this year's cycle for any program you are applying to! The whole application process can be a bit daunting and I know everyone will have questions about our program or CASPA things so I wanted to jump on here and offer some help if anyone needs/wants it. We are just starting our 2nd trimester and it's coming at us fast so if I don't respond right away to a comment, be patient with me 🙂 Happy applying and I look forward to helping answer some questions for you all! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 8:09 PM, BryMcfly said:

Hey everyone, my name is Bryan and I am a student in the current class of '25 here at UOP. I want to wish everyone an emphatic GOOD LUCK with this year's cycle for any program you are applying to! The whole application process can be a bit daunting and I know everyone will have questions about our program or CASPA things so I wanted to jump on here and offer some help if anyone needs/wants it. We are just starting our 2nd trimester and it's coming at us fast so if I don't respond right away to a comment, be patient with me 🙂 Happy applying and I look forward to helping answer some questions for you all! 

Nice to meet you Bryan! Thanks for being so forthcoming. Can you speak about the interview process/day and what to expect? 

Hello everyone!

My name is Kiran and I am one of Bryan's classmates at UOP. We decided to tag team this discussion board so we can try to get to everyone with questions as soon as we can. Good luck with your applications and interviews and feel free to reach out with any and all questions you have! 🙂

Edited by kirankaur

1 hour ago, Mythiks said:

Nice to meet you Bryan! Thanks for being so forthcoming. Can you speak about the interview process/day and what to expect? 

Hello!

UOP's interview day is quite extensive and is an all day interview (8am-5pm)- there's a brief introduction/ orientation and then you are separated into groups. One group typically works on a group interview section and the second group will be doing panel interviews (3 faculty: 1 interviewee typically). There are plenty of breaks in between and lunch is a great time to sit down with faculty and get to know them better! There's also tons of mini activities like a quick writing prompt, some time to interact with current students, and a few other activities that vary by year. The goal of UOP is for our faculty to really get to know you and for you to determine if UOP is an appropriate fit for you. 

As for the interview process in general, UOP does not do rolling admissions however they do have rolling interview invites. Interviews occur between late June to the end of August (invites come via email with a pre-set date). Initial interview results come out the week after your interview (kept in pool or rejected). Admission decisions are typically sent out early to mid September (via phone call). Our interview process has a quick turnaround because we are a January start program! 

Edited by kirankaur
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, prepa567 said:

Hi, does anyone know what UOP looks at during their initial screening? Do they filter applicants out based on GPA (not their 3.0 minimum, but if they have the screen applicants for a higher GPA), number of PCE hours, volunteer hours, etc.?

initial screening is strictly meeting the minimum requirements in every category. As for the other categories, they look at the application holistically and don't screen for higher GPAs, certain PCE/HCE experience, or specific majors from undergrad. Our class and the other cohorts all seem to have wildly different stats and backgrounds of experience. 

Edited by BryMcfly

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 6:17 PM, Motherofterror said:

I just applied today, is there a supplemental application I need to be aware of?

Congrats on submitting!! There's no supplemental application for UOP. Interviews begin in June so you should have your application verification email coming up soon!

On 5/4/2023 at 5:27 PM, kirankaur said:

Hello!

UOP's interview day is quite extensive and is an all day interview (8am-5pm)- there's a brief introduction/ orientation and then you are separated into groups. One group typically works on a group interview section and the second group will be doing panel interviews (3 faculty: 1 interviewee typically). There are plenty of breaks in between and lunch is a great time to sit down with faculty and get to know them better! There's also tons of mini activities like a quick writing prompt, some time to interact with current students, and a few other activities that vary by year. The goal of UOP is for our faculty to really get to know you and for you to determine if UOP is an appropriate fit for you. 

As for the interview process in general, UOP does not do rolling admissions however they do have rolling interview invites. Interviews occur between late June to the end of August (invites come via email with a pre-set date). Initial interview results come out the week after your interview (kept in pool or rejected). Admission decisions are typically sent out early to mid September (via phone call). Our interview process has a quick turnaround because we are a January start program! 

Hey Kiran!

I had a question about when the program starts sending out invites. I received an email (shown below) from them a couple of weeks ago that the admission committee will progress in reviewing applications and it would be completed by October 1. I am confused if they meant reviewing applications and interviews would be completed by that date since you mentioned that they hold interviews starting in late June?

Thanks!

-TrashPanda

"Thank you for your application to the University of the Pacific PA Program. Our admissions team has reviewed your application and found that you have satisfied our initial screening criteria. Your application will be further evaluated by the admissions committee for progression in the admission process. In order to make sure we evaluate each applicant appropriately it may take several weeks for your application to progress from this point.  This step in the application process will be complete by October 1, 2023, however, you may be notified sooner regarding your application status.  We will contact you once this step in the evaluation is complete.
Thank you again for your interest in the University of the Pacific PA Program."

Edited by TrashyPanda

On 6/2/2023 at 2:58 PM, TrashyPanda said:

Hey Kiran!

I had a question about when the program starts sending out invites. I received an email (shown below) from them a couple of weeks ago that the admission committee will progress in reviewing applications and it would be completed by October 1. I am confused if they meant reviewing applications and interviews would be completed by that date since you mentioned that they hold interviews starting in late June?

Thanks!

-TrashPanda

"Thank you for your application to the University of the Pacific PA Program. Our admissions team has reviewed your application and found that you have satisfied our initial screening criteria. Your application will be further evaluated by the admissions committee for progression in the admission process. In order to make sure we evaluate each applicant appropriately it may take several weeks for your application to progress from this point.  This step in the application process will be complete by October 1, 2023, however, you may be notified sooner regarding your application status.  We will contact you once this step in the evaluation is complete.
Thank you again for your interest in the University of the Pacific PA Program."

This date encompasses up until the last day they send out interview invites. So, you've met the minimum requirements and will be notified within the coming weeks whether or not you will be getting an interview invite or not! Interview invites will probably be coming out in the coming weeks, we don't know specifically when they do though. 

The big takeaway, is if anyone else gets that email, that means you've moved one step closer....and met the minimum requirements. 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, alypas said:

Congratulations! When did you apply?!

Thank you so much! I submitted my CASPA on 5/5, got verified on 5/8. Application was received & marked under review by UoP on 5/8. Then passed initial screening criteria and moved onto further admissions review on 5/29. Love that they are moving so fast! 

12 minutes ago, Mythiks said:

Congratulations! Can I ask your stats?

Sure! I am pretty sure they are below average, but also take it with a grain of salt because everyone is different 🙂

cGPA: 3.47

sGPA: 3.32

PCE: 5100+

HCE: 1260

Volunteer: 500+

Also held leadership positions

Edited by prepaKL