Medical Assistant Programs

i work as a medical assistant and i did not receive any formal training from a program.

some offices will hire you and train you so you do not need certification but if you are seeking certification, you should just do the certificate program because that's what most offices require.. and then you would have to take the cerification test

if you are planning on going to PA school, you won't need an associates

I believe if you do the associates the classes count as college credits. In regards to the previous statement, some states require the license as MA's do Sub Cutaneous injections, vitals signs and blood draws. It's best to look at job postings and the state website to see where MA's in your state fit in.

i work as a medical assistant and i did not receive any formal training from a program.

some offices will hire you and train you so you do not need certification but if you are seeking certification, you should just do the certificate program because that's what most offices require.. and then you would have to take the cerification test

if you are planning on going to PA school, you won't need an associates

Lucky! There seem to be no businesses anywhere near me that will train or hire anyone to do anything without a certification. They wouldn't even let me sharpen pencils for them if didn't spend $1000 and six months on a pencil-sharpening certification.

Hell...trying being a recently discharged Army medic that did way more than a MA and finding a job.

That said, I would just bite the bullet and find the cheapest school you can find. As for the certifications, contact a local hospital and/or couple of urgent cares and ask what do they look for when they hire. They can likely recommend a program or two as well.

Rich

Associates program - usually twice as long with half of that time being pre-req's. Usually only the pre-req's can count towards another degree at a different college, & if the school is not a regionally accredited commumity college, none of the classes will count or transfer.

Diploma/certificate program - typically have little or no pre-req's, but as with the MA portion of the degree programs, none of the classes will typically be transferable towards a different degree at a different college.

If you're not in a rush & you need to have an associates even though it can't transfer into a higher degree, then you could get your MA through a regionally accredited community college (at least some of the basic pre-req's like english 101 etc. can be used later on). If you already have college & don't care about the associates, or if getting HCE sooner is more important than getting the associates, then go for a diploma/certificate program.

there are also 1 yr certificate programs which include ltd xray license training. all the ma's in my area do this and make pretty good money (18-25/hr) for 1 yr of training out of high school. LPN(licensed practical nurse) is also a good 1 yr cert course with no prereqs.

Archived