BSN as HCE?

Currently I have my EMT, but getting my paramedic is going to take the same amount of time as it would to get my accelerated BSN. As a RN I would make more money, and I feel like the job market is more secure, I'm just not sure if it looks funny going from RN to PA.

I'm wondering which would prove to be more useful.

Also, EMEDPA, what's your opinion on NP's? If I get my BSN is NP better I would like to be in the ED?

Currently I have my EMT, but getting my paramedic is going to take the same amount of time as it would to get my accelerated BSN. As a RN I would make more money, and I feel like the job market is more secure, I'm just not sure if it looks funny going from RN to PA.

I'm wondering which would prove to be more useful.

Also, EMEDPA, what's your opinion on NP's? If I get my BSN is NP better I would like to be in the ED?

I'm an RN going PA. No problem with it.

the ER niche is really filled by pa's. if you want to do psych or peds I would go np. the society of emergency medicine pa's works closely with the american college of emergency physicians who has stated numerous times they prefer hiring and working with pa's over np's.

Archived