What is the easiest quickest first aid or first responder certification

Long story short

I volunteer at events, but in  a border state.

I no longer have a SP in that state and my PA license is inactive (but in place)

That state has a festival I am to volunteer at

The board has said I am in murky water doing it as I do not have an SP

I asked if I had another certification would that help, they said yes

I twice I have been and EMT in the past

volunteer Medical Director for Ski patrol (unsure if they actually listed me as such)

Looking for a quick on line First Aide or first responder course that I can do in a few hours and have as an additional certification......

Any ideas

• Administrator

So... what's your scope of care? If all you're going to do is put bandaids on boo-boos, call 9-1-1 and manage until EMS arrival for anything beyond first aid, not sure you've got much legal liability. You may be one of the world's most awesome bystander/responders, but if you're not using drugs, reducing fractures, or any other such interventions that may be all you are legally.

If 1) you're getting paid, or 2) the event organizers are getting an insurance discount for having on-site EMS, you probably need something more than a Red Cross first aid card.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rev ronin said:

So... what's your scope of care? If all you're going to do is put bandaids on boo-boos, call 9-1-1 and manage until EMS arrival for anything beyond first aid, not sure you've got much legal liability. You may be one of the world's most awesome bystander/responders, but if you're not using drugs, reducing fractures, or any other such interventions that may be all you are legally.

If 1) you're getting paid, or 2) the event organizers are getting an insurance discount for having on-site EMS, you probably need something more than a Red Cross first aid card.

band aids and boo boos

nothing more

but you read the regulation and it is ANY form of medicine

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ventana said:

band aids and boo boos

nothing more

but you read the regulation and it is ANY form of medicine

The state's regulation? So if a boy scout came along and tied his neckerchief around a sprained ankle, he'd be in trouble?

Still... I got nothin'.  Maybe we ought to have our own multistate body to serve as an independent "Of course he's qualified to do that" PA credentialing body. 🙂