Conference topics

Hi everyone and happy new year! I’m curious… what topics do you like covered at a conference? Basic medicine or new advances? Any particular diseases or systems? Scientific info or practical application? Legal topics, socioeconomic impacts on care, etc. ? I’m partial to learning about new treatments and socioeconomic issues in care. Thanks!

Being in Internal Medicine and no longer seeing kids...........

I really appreciate a general overview of Pediatrics - what do we do with otitis media these days, what's new in RSV vaccine or vaccine in general. What has changed - do babies still sleep on their backs? Have we changed the feeding timetable for solids, peanuts, etc?

The What's New topics keep us updated on things that might have changed that we don't see as much perhaps

* comeback of syphilis - what drugs are working.

* same for gonorrhea - we have super gonorrhea in Europe now.

* the new Prevnar 20 - how the CDC changed the Vaccine Guidelines.

* the latest pendulum swing on lipid levels and any new calculators for CAD, etc

* any changes in guidelines? I personally detest USPST - I think they miss the mark most of the time.

That is my nerd wish list.

• Like 1