Men and Women in PA school

Hello,

I am new to this website so I apologize in advance if I am not posting in the proper etiquette or format.

I am looking into PA school and came across a common stat: there are way more females than males admitted to many schools. I was wondering why this is. Is it because there are more female applicants or just better statistics with applicants. Is it more competitive for males to get interviews/admission offers?

I appreciate the help.

Last time I saw the statistics, more women went on to further their education after undergrad than men overall. Secondly, many women choose PA over MD because they feel like it would better fit into having a family. Whether it allows them the time off or not, there is a study that shows women, who do PA and take time off for family, are financially better off over their career span than the women who paid far more for MD education and took off time for family as well.

To answer your question, it's just that more women apply than men.

Archived