MEDEX Spokane Interviews 2022-2023 Cycle

On 10/24/2022 at 9:50 AM, reeve said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Rob and I’m currently in Spokane class 26, which means I’m in the middle of didactic year.  

Congratulations to those of you who got through the interview process, and for those still waiting hang in there! I was in your shoes last year and I know how stressful the waiting can be.
For those that have had interviews and get accepted, I’d love to offer advice, help you prep for your summer quarter by giving some specific advice instead of the vague cliche  “drinking from the firehose.”  

If a few people are interested, we can set up a zoom call or something and work through your questions. Let me know if you’re interested!

Congratulations on getting an interview, thats HUGE, and best of luck to you all! 
ROB

Hi Rob! 

My name is Nolan and I just got accepted to Spokane 27. So excited! 

Thank you for offering your knowledge and potential advice. I would be interested in a Zoom gathering of others are interested. Otherwise, I'd love to DM you.

Anybody else interested & have questions for Rob?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NDJR7 said:

Hi Rob! 

My name is Nolan and I just got accepted to Spokane 27. So excited! 

Thank you for offering your knowledge and potential advice. I would be interested in a Zoom gathering of others are interested. Otherwise, I'd love to DM you.

Anybody else interested & have questions for Rob?

Hi Nolan, 

Huge congrats on getting excepted! Unfortunately at this stage it's now 'hurry up and wait' for you guys. I would be happy to Zoom with you, and any others interested in chatting. I am free tomorrow evening after 6, or anytime Sunday after 4. (PST) Just let me know what works best for you and/or the group. Or feel free to shoot me any questions through DM.

Congrats again!

Rob

Edited by reeve
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, reeve said:

Hi Nolan, 

Huge congrats on getting excepted! Unfortunately at this stage it's now 'hurry up and wait' for you guys. I would be happy to Zoom with you, and any others interested in chatting. I am free tomorrow evening after 6, or anytime Sunday after 4. (PST) Just let me know what works best for you and/or the group. Or feel free to shoot me any questions through DM.

Congrats again!

Rob

Thank you Rob! I feels really good. You're right though: it's a long time between now and June. But it seems like there's a lot to do as well.

Thanks for making yourself available. If there isn't anyone else interested, I'll shoot you a DM in a couple days. Mostly I'm in financial prep mode, looking for scholarships and any way to make PA school more affordable.

Thanks Rob! 

3 hours ago, KatieDally said:

For those who have interviewed already, is there a time limit put on your interview responses/introduction? 

No time limit. The initial introduction to the entire group is shorter and they actually tell you the info they want (name, hometown and current home, area of medical practice if I remember correctly). So don’t give your entire “Tell us about yourself” answer then if you have one of those.

Once you are in the interviews themselves, still no time limit, but do your best to have a coherent beginning, middle, end, not ramble, and be cognizant of your fellow interviewees. They do a good job of switching up who goes first, second, third in answering, and we all piggybacked off each others answers throughout in my interviews.

I hope that answered your question. Let me know if you want any more info and good luck!

• Like 1

Hey y’all, 

just wanted to touch base and let everyone know that I haven’t forgotten about the Zoom for this Saturday! It’s just been an an extremely long few days. Also, I’m now two hours ahead of everyone so I just want to clarify the time everyone wanted to meet. We agreed on 1pm Pacific time, correct? Which would be 3pm Honduran time. 

let me know and I’ll get the link out! I can’t wait to chit chat again!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CassieE said:

Hey y’all, 

just wanted to touch base and let everyone know that I haven’t forgotten about the Zoom for this Saturday! It’s just been an an extremely long few days. Also, I’m now two hours ahead of everyone so I just want to clarify the time everyone wanted to meet. We agreed on 1pm Pacific time, correct? Which would be 3pm Honduran time. 

I am up for another Zoom meet.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, CassieE said:

Hey y’all, 

1 pm sounds great. Thanks again Cassie

On 10/24/2022 at 10:50 AM, reeve said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Rob and I’m currently in Spokane class 26, which means I’m in the middle of didactic year.  

Congratulations to those of you who got through the interview process, and for those still waiting hang in there! I was in your shoes last year and I know how stressful the waiting can be.
For those that have had interviews and get accepted, I’d love to offer advice, help you prep for your summer quarter by giving some specific advice instead of the vague cliche  “drinking from the firehose.”  

If a few people are interested, we can set up a zoom call or something and work through your questions. Let me know if you’re interested!

Congratulations on getting an interview, thats HUGE, and best of luck to you all! 
ROB

hey rob!

I was wondering if I could DM you with some questions about our first two weeks in Seattle, as well as the hybrid nature of the curriculum?

Thanks!

On 10/26/2022 at 9:16 AM, natasha1992 said:

I had to reactive my Facebook page haha. I have created a Facebook group, you can search MEDEX Spokane Class 27 and request to join 🙂

Hey! 

Sam here, I completely forgot to post an update but I also got an acceptance call a few days following the interview in October! I just requested to join the Facebook group and look forward to connecting with you all!! 🙂 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Samantha12 said:

Hey! 

Sam here, I completely forgot to post an update but I also got an acceptance call a few days following the interview in October! I just requested to join the Facebook group and look forward to connecting with you all!! 🙂 

YAY!! I was really hoping to see you accepted. 😄 Congrats!

Good luck to everyone interviewing today. Breath. Have fun. Be yourself. 

• Like 1