MEDEX Spokane Interviews 2022-2023 Cycle

Hey guys! 

Congrats to all who got an interview invite! I figured it would be good to start a thread so all the Spokane peeps don't get lost in the main thread. Also, I interviewed last year, and a group of us had a few zoom meetings beforehand to meet and make the interview day less stressful. I'm not sure if meeting up, online or even in person to get coffee or something sounds good to anyone, but I think it could be helpful for interview day!

I should probably introduce myself too, my name is Sam and as I previously stated, I am a re-applicant this year for Medex. I interviewed last year in the second session for Spokane and got waitlisted 😞 but I am excited for this cycle and look forward to interviewing with you all!! 🙂 

Edited by Samantha12
  • Like 2

• Samantha12 changed the title to MEDEX Spokane Interviews 2022-2023 Cycle
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! Super excited to be interviewing with you all. I think it's going to be a great conference, as it looks like we'll be doing MMIs and small group interviews. Certainly unlike anything I've done before. 

I'm a first-time applicant and this is my first interview of the season. 

I'm fine with doing a Zoom session beforehand if people want. I live in OR and would not want to make a trip for something in-person.

Looking forward to this!

Let me know if you guys would want to possibly do a zoom! But there isn't much to say, basically I would say to review the standard questions (why do you want to be a PA, what do you like about the profession, etc.). You don't want to sound rehearsed, but try to determine some general answers to the basic questions so you sound composed and don't derail too much. Just try to be yourself and be honest with your answers! Every interview will be a group interview so it's nice because you'll always have others with you answering questions! 🙂

• Like 1

I like that, good advice! 

I've been trying to prep myself with answers to those questions, as well as thinking about "remember a time when..." examples (time you were challenged, time when you had to work with a group, etc.) because my brain is potatoes with recall on the spot.

But I agree. Have a general outline in your head about what you're going to say, but let everything flow.

Hello, my name is Aaron and I will be joining all of you on the 21st also. This will be my first interview for the program as well and I have had a few friends who have been accepted and successfully made it through this program. They said that meeting with your prospective classmates before the interview does help with the interviewing process. I would be more than happy to meet with anybody that would want to get to know each other before the interviews commence even if it’s just to lighten the nerves and get some insight on what previous interviewees experienced. Look forward to seeing everyone. 

Hi everyone! I went ahead and scheduled a zoom meeting for tonight at 6pm. This is my first time hosting; sorry in advance for any technical difficulties. Looking forward to meeting you all!

B & K Michael is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: MEDEX 2022/2023 Pre Interview Meet and Greet
Time: Oct 16, 2022 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

I've sent the passcode to all the users in this thread in a DM, but I will check if anyone else wants to be added before the meeting starts. 🙂 Just post in here or message me

Edited by KMichael
add info
  • Like 1

Congrats to all of you who have gotten your invites! I’m still very nervously waiting to hear one way or another on my application. I emailed MedEx Admissions and asked them how many interview dates are left and I was given 4 specific dates. I’m not sure if they are all for Spokane or for all locations. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for that invite! 

14 hours ago, CassieE said:

Congrats to all of you who have gotten your invites! I’m still very nervously waiting to hear one way or another on my application. I emailed MedEx Admissions and asked them how many interview dates are left and I was given 4 specific dates. I’m not sure if they are all for Spokane or for all locations. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed for that invite! 

My best guess is those dates are likely for the second round of Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, and the first round of Anchorage & Kona/catch-all (together I think?) Also, I don't think they've send out invites for Spokane #2. So there's definitely hope!

Correct me if I'm wrong folks. 

Edited by NDJR7

1 hour ago, NDJR7 said:

My best guess is those dates are likely for the second round of Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, and the first round of Anchorage & Kona/catch-all (together I think?) Also, I don't think they've send out invites for Spokane #2. So there's definitely hope!

Correct me if I'm wrong folks. 

I’ll hold on to hope! I am getting a little nervous though. 

• Like 1