"APP-MD Bridge" Program?

On 12/18/2023 at 9:19 AM, thinkertdm said:

Last week I went to see my endocrinologist and saw a dnp.  There is an np at my va working solely in Pulmonology.  Pas have the knowledge base and ability to function as a medical provider.   Independently.  However, I also feel that in the grand scheme, pas have lost.  We have been relegated to “allied health personnel” and will never regain what we could have been.  Pas aren’t med school applicants, we are autonomous (or were) medical professionals.

i gladly would see an np or pa- and would prefer to see a pa over an md, even knowing they lack the extra training mds have.  There are many on this forum who I would have no problem sending my family members to.  

I used to feel the same but after seeing all the new DNP I have changed a bit to asking how long an NP has been practicing as and NP.  Needs to be > 10 years.

Also with the handful of states allowing independent practice the tide may be shifting..

I think the ultimate thing will be the Med Mal Carriers  realizing that new NP's are expensive to insure.......  cause....

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ventana said:

Also with the handful of states allowing independent practice the tide may be shifting..

I'm working on getting licensed in each state that will 1) let me, and 2) my patients will move to or travel in. That's UT, MT, AZ so far, although I could definitely use OR (which I may get with an SP), ID, NV, and CA too...

• Like 2