Is it possible to be rejected from the army?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Army tends to grow their own PAs through the IPAP at Ft. Sam. When I I was active duty I spoke with some folks at MEDCOM...the Army has about 200 IPAP slots per year but only took about 5 PAs off the streets. That being said I met 2 PAs that were not IPAP grads in my career. One of them verified why we like to train our own as he referred all patients for steroid injections where we IPAPers were all comfortable doing this on our own...but I digress. You can always try, your luck will be based on the needs of the Army that particular year (i.e. attrition, how many IPAP failures the previous year, etc.) but I think you would have a lot better luck with the Navy or Air Force as I know they use HPSP a lot for PAs. Could also look at the Coast Guard depending on where you live.