West Coast University Hybrid LA 22-23 cycle

Hello, I'm filling out the CASPA and noticed the number of characters in each questions is limited to 250 characters (about 35 words). This is really strange. With only 35 words allowed it's hard to answer anything meaningful for an important question. Does anyone have the same experience?

On 10/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, gstanziola said:

How many of you in this thread got in and accepted the seat ? Also if you don’t mind sharing your stats . Thank you , I’d appreciate it . My overall GPA isn’t that fantastic , but my science GPA is good. 

Hi, I got accepted at WCU and these were my stats; 3.96 Overall Non-Science GPA, 3.84 Overall Science GPA, 1410 healthcare hours, 234 leadership hours, and 750 Patient care hours. I didn’t have many PCE hours and still got accepted. If you are not satisfied with your gpa don’t get discourage because that not the only thing that matters, you won’t lose anything by applying. Wishing you the best of luck 🙂 

1 hour ago, thuv1nh said:

Hi guys! I have an interview tomorrow and I was wondering if you guys thought I needed to know about health care policies? If I'm being honest I don't know much about the latest policies so I think I would freeze up if asked about it. I'm trying to read up on a bunch of them now but there is so many!!

As brodygrody mentioned a few comments before, we aren't allowed to discuss any particulars about the interview process for this school. Like any PA school interviews goes, be prepare for any question they might ask. You got this! Don't stay up too late and good luck with your interview tomorrow!

Edited by MikePA

On 10/8/2022 at 9:39 PM, willz said:

Hello, I'm filling out the CASPA and noticed the number of characters in each questions is limited to 250 characters (about 35 words). This is really strange. With only 35 words allowed it's hard to answer anything meaningful for an important question. Does anyone have the same experience?

I also struggled with this when I was filling their application. It is about one to two sentence response. My suggestion is to answer the question as simple as possible and to the point.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 12:22 AM, Luna99 said:

Hi, I got accepted at WCU and these were my stats; 3.96 Overall Non-Science GPA, 3.84 Overall Science GPA, 1410 healthcare hours, 234 leadership hours, and 750 Patient care hours. I didn’t have many PCE hours and still got accepted. If you are not satisfied with your gpa don’t get discourage because that not the only thing that matters, you won’t lose anything by applying. Wishing you the best of luck 🙂 

Congrats 🙂 Nice stats ! Thank you so much for your encouraging words . I’m working on CASPA and hopefully submit my application by the end of this week . 

19 minutes ago, TiffanyC said:

Hi everyone, I am applying next cycle to hybrid programs and I was wondering if anyone had insight on how exactly this is hybrid? It's not clear on their website.

Thanks! 

The majority of the program is online and you travel to campus 4 times in the 2 years if the program. 3 times the first year once the second.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 11:22 AM, PAgirlllll said:

Hi! 
This is my first interview and I just wanted to know how everyone prepared for it. What should I focus on? I have a few books I’m studying from but wanted to know if anyone has any other tips on how to prepare. 
thank you!!

Hello! Congrats on getting an interview! I suggest looking up BeMo's MMI style questions.

15 hours ago, ETS2018 said:

I received a virtual MMI interview invite yesterday (10/24) that is slated for 10/31.

Don’t feel nervous at all, the faculty is extremely nice and very friendly. My tip to you is to be yourself. This was my first interview and I didn’t even prepare for it, I answered all the questions truthfully and to the best of my ability. Wishing you the absolute best! 😊

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:15 AM, MedictoPA85 said:

The majority of the program is online and you travel to campus 4 times in the 2 years if the program. 3 times the first year once the second

Hey can someone explain the hybrid nature. I am from Texas so does that mean I can stay home for a bit during classes ? Where did you find this info ? 

• Upvote 1