West Coast University Hybrid LA 22-23 cycle

On 8/23/2022 at 6:05 AM, MedictoPA85 said:

I interviewed yesterday morning, I got the invite last Wednesday 

Hi! Thanks for making this group and sharing! I got an invite last week and was wondering if you have any tips on how to prep for WCULA's MMI interviews? This is the first interview I've done so any tips and advice are much appreciated!

On 9/6/2022 at 1:28 PM, val3rieee said:

Hi! Thanks for making this group and sharing! I got an invite last week and was wondering if you have any tips on how to prep for WCULA's MMI interviews? This is the first interview I've done so any tips and advice are much appreciated!

Hi! Did you do the full 8 mini interviews? Hope to hear back. 😊

I recently applied and got an interview invite! This is my first round of interviews and I am pretty nervous. Does anyone have any tips for how to get ready for MMI (without giving any specific information fo course). I thought about buying some interview PA books but not sure if I should spend the weekend studying that or perhaps a different process. 

Congrats everyone on getting interview invites! Focus on showing how you would think and act in situations rather than trying to say a "perfect" answer. As long as you do your research on the different types of stations you could encounter in a MMI, you'll be prepared. There's a lot of pressure, but stay calm and just be yourself! Everyone on the WCU team was friendly, so that helps! I had an interview at another program where I felt like they were playing "bad cop, good cop" with me and didn't like that vibe at all. Make sure to show who you are during your interviews.

As someone who has gotten rejected after an interview, waitlisted after an interview, and now accepted after an interview, I feel like you have to push yourself to stand out. Being a great applicant isn't enough since there's more qualified applicants than there are seats in any program. I can't emphasize enough to answer with confidence and know what you want to ask the program too. Remember every PA program has their own agenda so trust that the program knows whether you would be a good fit for the cohort that they're building. Good luck! 

• Like 2