West Coast University Hybrid LA 22-23 cycle

On 10/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, Luna99 said:

Don’t feel nervous at all, the faculty is extremely nice and very friendly. My tip to you is to be yourself. This was my first interview and I didn’t even prepare for it, I answered all the questions truthfully and to the best of my ability. Wishing you the absolute best! 😊

Thank you so much for the reassurance!! This will be my first PA interview also, as well as my first exposure to the MMI format. I think I’ve got a good understanding of what to expect now though. I appreciate the advice!! 🤓☺️

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 12:52 PM, prepa2323 said:

I submitted the seat deposit and am planning to attend, but I am a bit nervous about the hybrid delivery. I am going to do some more research on the faculty and wait to see if I hear back from any other schools.

It does seem like being the first cohort would provide some more benefits and the faculty would want us to pass the PANCE perhaps just as much as we do, but I am still nervous being the first. What do you all think?

Wait the first cohort gets benefits ?

49 minutes ago, MedictoPA85 said:

When I interviewed others on my interview group heard within a week. I didn't get an acceptance until a month later. I had already accepted a spot at another program by that point. 

Wow but my thing an update should be sent whether it’s an acceptance, denial, or waitlist. And they definitely said 7 days. I’m disappointed to here that. Just wait because people are still interviewing at other programs too and the people in the acccepted gm is not anywhere close to 50. 

On 9/20/2022 at 12:34 PM, brodygrody said:

Congrats to all of those who have had interviews! Has anyone else been accepted yet? I was accepted late August.

I was also accepted. I had my meeting with Dr. Richards yesterday and he mentioned a student group. Do you know anything about that?

On 11/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, PAgirlllll said:

Nope 😞 

I emailed… they said they will let us know soon. Not sure why it’s taking so long. 

They said that if you don't hear back immediately that you shouldn't freak out too much because they have your application and are making final decisions up until December. 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:56 AM, KimRT said:

I was also accepted. I had my meeting with Dr. Richards yesterday and he mentioned a student group. Do you know anything about that?

Congrats on getting accepted! There is a GroupMe link in the comments.

54 minutes ago, LAmoney said:

Final decisions in December when matriculation is in August. Wheewwwww

Matriculation is in January 2023! Not in August 2023. Be careful with dates!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Rita1987 said:

One suggestion I have. Apply elsewhere. They have way too many issues with their Hybrid LA PA program also their nursing program board of nursing just recently won the lawsuit. This school is a scam. Save yourself time and money oh and the headache. 

The admissions is not organized at all. Financial Aid has been an issue. It's 3 weeks left they still can't figure out a lot of their current issues. Good luck to you. 

Hey Rita were you accepted and thinking about dropping? I am thinking about it even though I have no other acceptances. However, I have another potential interview coming up and have one wait list.

1 minute ago, Rita1987 said:

Yes, I will not risk being in their unprofessional, lack of attention to detail approach. I can't imagine how it is going to be once the rigorous portion of the program starts. Currently they are not able to manage admissions, uniforms, financial aid, not responding to emails or calls. Unbelievable I'd rather wait 1 more year then be in a program that most likely they will lose their accreditation with the rate that they're going. 

I feel you. Im not submitting any loan acceptances until I make a Final decision. Do you have other acceptances to back you up?

• 3 weeks later...