ATSU Central Coast 2022-2023

On 10/8/2022 at 9:45 AM, Asmita1 said:

Has anyone heard back after submitting the secondary application? 

I think they just finished interviews for the previous cohort a couple months ago. I’m assuming we’re going to have to wait awhile before we begin hearing about interviews

On 10/8/2022 at 9:56 PM, riley12 said:

Hi there! I am trying to figure out how to become a hometown scholar - Arizona. I am looking at the list of CHC schools, and the underserved hospital I work at is not on the list. Does anyone know if we can use places not on the CHC list? Or does anyone know where I can find out this info? Thanks!!

You can use a CHC that is not on the list but it needs to be a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and part of NACHC. You can go on the ATSU website, fill out the form with your contact and include your question and they will get back to you. 

On 9/1/2022 at 11:07 PM, kaileyholm said:

does anyone know if they will be doing interviews and stuff earlier this cycle? last cycle they were soooo late compared to other programs

From when I last spoke with faculty, the plan is that interviews will be conducted sooner rather than later. Our program was adjusting as we had our first cohort moving through the 1st year while at the same time trying to conduct interviews. Hopefully there will be no hiccups and you all will hear back in the Spring (if not sooner). 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 8:40 AM, ninjahmc said:

You can use a CHC that is not on the list but it needs to be a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and part of NACHC. You can go on the ATSU website, fill out the form with your contact and include your question and they will get back to you. 

From when I last spoke with faculty, the plan is that interviews will be conducted sooner rather than later. Our program was adjusting as we had our first cohort moving through the 1st year while at the same time trying to conduct interviews. Hopefully there will be no hiccups and you all will hear back in the Spring (if not sooner). 

do you know the link to view this list of CHCs?

How is everyone approaching CHC’s? It’s hard to find an email for the locations, and I’m not sure how to contact anyone about a letter of endorsement. The only thing I’ve been able to do is go to the CHC facility in person, then I am given contact information, but then no one responds to my emails. I am curious if other people are having luck if you are trying to be a hometown scholar. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Hi everyone!
When trying to become endorsed as a Hometown Scholar, is there a certain form or anything that needs to be filled out? Ive contacted CHC's in SLO where I went to undergrad, but in order to report back to the school that I have been endorsed I want to take the right steps. Any info would be so helpful thank you!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JourdanM said:

Hi everyone!
When trying to become endorsed as a Hometown Scholar, is there a certain form or anything that needs to be filled out? Ive contacted CHC's in SLO where I went to undergrad, but in order to report back to the school that I have been endorsed I want to take the right steps. Any info would be so helpful thank you!

I am too! Idk how tho! I work for an LGTBQ health center and it be great to get endorsed lol

11 hours ago, JourdanM said:

Hi everyone!

Hi, 

I received a Hometown Scholar endorsement and was accepted to ATSU in Mesa, Arizona but also applied to the central coast campus. I work for a CHC and contacted our Regional Director of Medical Education who was the one that wrote the endorsement, after an interview with her, and sent it directly to the school. No form. I’m still waiting to hear back from CCPA after the supplemental so I can’t confirm if they received the endorsement.

I believe the CHC’s on the fact sheet below have direct partnership with ATSU if that’s helpful. 

https://www.atsu.edu/pdf/ashs-pa-2022-final.pdf

Edited by Maded62
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Maded62 said:

Hi, 

I received a Hometown Scholar endorsement and was accepted to ATSU in Mesa, Arizona but also applied to the central coast campus. I work for a CHC and contacted our Regional Director of Medical Education who was the one that wrote the endorsement, after an interview with her, and sent it directly to the school. No form. I’m still waiting to hear back from CCPA after the supplemental so I can’t confirm if they received the endorsement.

I believe the CHC’s on the fact sheet below have direct partnership with ATSU if that’s helpful. 

Thank you!!

On 11/5/2022 at 7:32 AM, Maded62 said:

Hi, 

Thank you! Do you think it’s required to work for a CHC in order to receive an endorsement letter? I haven’t had any luck in contacting any facilities. I work at a small hospital in an underserved area but it is not a CHC. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Omeldonia said:

I have applied in July and have not heard back yet. I submitted my secondary weeks ago and had a home town scholar endorsement letter submitted last week. Did they send out any interview or rejections? Does anyone know the timeline?

i attended their virtual session a few weeks ago and they said they'll begin reviewing applications soon. we should be expecting something around january! best of luck to us all!

On 12/5/2022 at 8:35 PM, Omeldonia said:

I have applied in July and have not heard back yet. I submitted my secondary weeks ago and had a home town scholar endorsement letter submitted last week. Did they send out any interview or rejections? Does anyone know the timeline?

I spoke to somebody within their admissions department recently and they are updating their online portal system, and as a result they are not expecting to have any invites sent out until the beginning of 2023. I assume they're planning for sometime early-mid January, but who knows! Good luck!!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...