19 hours ago, TheCrimsonChin said:

They replied already and said my application was “currently with the committee”. Hopefully that means I’ll hear something soon. 

Not entirely sure what that means other than I’m still under consideration which I’m ver grateful for. 

I wonder if sending an email and showing "additional interest" increases your chances at an interview or makes you a better candidate? It doesn't sound very logical, but I have heard it from others. 

49 minutes ago, soontobePA22 said:

I wonder if sending an email and showing "additional interest" increases your chances at an interview or makes you a better candidate? It doesn't sound very logical, but I have heard it from others. 

I couldn’t say for sure. I wouldn’t ever be scared to email a program unless they explicitly say not to or you are asking for updates weekly.

They know you are anxiously waiting and without doubt it shows interest if you email. Whether it’s a net positive or neutral is unknown. 

2 hours ago, soontobePA22 said:

I emailed them last week stating my continued interest/updates. I just let them know that I was still interested the program and listed the things that I have done since applying. They said thank you and that they added the updates to my application. I don't think it will hurt you. Everyone I have talked to said that it shows consistency and that you want to be in their program. 

11 minutes ago, krh1576 said:

I emailed them last week stating my continued interest/updates. I just let them know that I was still interested the program and listed the things that I have done since applying. They said thank you and that they added the updates to my application. I don't think it will hurt you. Everyone I have talked to said that it shows consistency and that you want to be in their program. 

I sent an update email a couple weeks ago and received an interview invite a few days later. I don't know if those two things were directly correlated, but it seems like it definitely isn't a mark against you have things you want them to know!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, htxPA said:

For people who have already interviewed, how was the group interview? I haven’t done one before 

I actually found the group interview to be the hardest part. They ask all 4 of you the same question and you all take turns answering the question. I found it somewhat difficult to stay confident in myself and prevent my answer from being influenced by the others. My advice would be to try to answer first. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, a71398 said:

I actually found the group interview to be the hardest part. They ask all 4 of you the same question and you all take turns answering the question. I found it somewhat difficult to stay confident in myself and prevent my answer from being influenced by the others. My advice would be to try to answer first. 

Thank you so much for your insight! was the group interview long or just a few questions?

On 1/20/2023 at 5:26 PM, htxPA said:

Thank you so much for your insight! was the group interview long or just a few questions?

Sorry for the delayed response. It’s been a few months but from what I can remember it was maybe about 15-20 minutes? Starts off with the simple “who inspires you” type of questions then they go into the more specific scenario/opinion type questions 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JPA333 said:

Also is there a group me for accepted students? I was wondering if maybe that would help keep track of the number of seats available since the Fb group has students from previous classes as well! 

I believe there is only the facebook group. Going through and counting everyone i believe there are between 49-50 accepted students so far. I think class size is 68? So definitely a few more spots open.

• Upvote 3

If I still have not heard anything back after my email in december letting me know that my application is still being reviewed for interview in the spring, is this a bad sign at this point ? I did reach out to the school, however they responded that my application was still with the committee and I would receive any updates via email. 

2 hours ago, Nelka said:

If I still have not heard anything back after my email in december letting me know that my application is still being reviewed for interview in the spring, is this a bad sign at this point ? I did reach out to the school, however they responded that my application was still with the committee and I would receive any updates via email. 

Same here, I reached out to them & asked as well. I also added what I've done since applying (shadowing, volunteering, etc.) All they said was thank you and they will add/give it to the committee but never gave me a real answer.

6 hours ago, Nelka said:

Right, cause there’s only two more interview dates left… I just sent my updates via email. I guess we have to wait and see…

• Like 1