2022-2023 Cycle

1 minute ago, SP0021 said:

Do you mind sharing when you applied and your stats?

Sure! I applied June 21st I believe and received confirmation the same day

cGPA: 3.88

sGPA: 3.91

PCE: about 1700 hours as a CNA in long term care (since then I’ve gotten a new job as a PCT in a hospital and am at about 2200 hours, but they don’t know about that) 

Volunteering: ~140 hours (hospital volunteering, a service learning trip related to Native American culture preservation, volunteer peer mentor for ochem students)

I also worked as a student manager through my school’s dining services and was a biology TA

51 minutes ago, creamcheeese said:

Drexel received my app 6/22 and i got an invite for 11/7. I’m starting a program in January so I’m wondering if its worth it to interview if Drexel wont tell us til possible Feb/ March?? 😕

Maybe interview with them if you want to possibly go there, and wait at least two weeks after the interview. If you still did not hear back mention in the email you have been accepted to a program that starts in January so they can possibly expedite the decision.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/2/2022 at 9:32 PM, CreativePA123 said:

Just submitted my application today ! Best of luck everyone. 

Does anyone know what type of interviews Drexel uses when interviewing students.. is it MMI or more traditional formatting?

Hi! I am Drexel's PA-S2, I interviewed in oct of 2020 and it was kind of a whole day thing 8-6pm I believe. from what I remember, you have to do a bb "quiz" (just asks about your experiences and about moving during rotations, then you have a welcome with all other interviewing students, and then a private interview with 2 faculty, one asks questions the other takes notes. and then at the end of the day you have a private (no faculty) zoom with the students that are currently enrolled. the interview day was not bad at all, I was very nervous but the faculty that interviewed me were amazing

Edited by AspiringFuturePA2022
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 6:17 PM, KeniaD said:

Accepted from the 10/7 interview as well! For those that decided to attend Drexel, what were some things about this program that made you all choose to come here? Been accepted to two places and I’m trying to weigh out my options.

hi, I am a pa-s2 at drexel currently. you can private message me if you want more info into the program. but this class that started in september are in a brand new building, that has all new appliances, anatomy/cadaver lab and supposedly cold brew on tap lol. so a lot of new changes for upcoming students. I personally really love the program, I found that faculty cares (as long as you reach out of course) and had received support throughout the whole time

2 hours ago, OlaPA said:

hi, I am a pa-s2 at drexel currently. you can private message me if you want more info into the program. but this class that started in september are in a brand new building, that has all new appliances, anatomy/cadaver lab and supposedly cold brew on tap lol. so a lot of new changes for upcoming students. I personally really love the program, I found that faculty cares (as long as you reach out of course) and had received support throughout the whole time

Hi! I am currently an undergrad starting to look and create a list of schools. I am worried about my stats, I have a little over 1.5 years left. Would you mind sharing what stats you applied with and how many times you applied? Thank you!

On 10/25/2022 at 11:45 AM, PAdreamerola said:

Hi! I am currently an undergrad starting to look and create a list of schools. I am worried about my stats, I have a little over 1.5 years left. Would you mind sharing what stats you applied with and how many times you applied? Thank you!

Hi, I can PM you but I dont think sharing stats is ever helpful for any students. I remember looking through others because they would share them without anyone asking and feeling bad about myself. I did well in undergrad, but I wasn't an A++ students. I think that your experience if by far more important - I worked in the the ER and ICU, and I also did a medical mission to Nepal for 1 month. I think I applied with about ~2k hours.

I applied June 7, received an invite Sept 17 I think, interviewed Oct 5 and got accepted Oct 8. 

• Upvote 1