University of Mary Hardin-Baylor ( UMHB) 2022-2023 Cycle

2 minutes ago, chspa1 said:

I was at the interview last friday (8/26). They said at the interview that the admissions decision has to be done by the end of this week, so expect to hear back this week. 

At my interview on 6/17, they said that acceptances and rejections would be sent out by the following Friday and that if we didn't hear at all, it was a waitlist. I wonder if this still holds true, or do you think that everyone should hear this week from all interviews? 

1 minute ago, PAstudent234 said:

At my interview on 6/17, they said that acceptances and rejections would be sent out by the following Friday and that if we didn't hear at all, it was a waitlist. I wonder if this still holds true, or do you think that everyone should hear this week from all interviews? 

I wonder that as well. I haven’t seen anyone on this thread say that they’ve been rejected post interview, though. Who knows 😞

24 minutes ago, PAstudent234 said:

We were told that we were the last group of interviews, and that they had to send out admissions decisions by this week. Based off of that I would assume everyone should be hearing back this week? I could be wrong, but that is the impression I got. 

Current UMHB PA-S2 student here, hang tight! The waitlist is a good place to be! Usually a lot of those waitlisted are pulled/accepted eventually. This can go on unto late December, even the day before class starts! People start getting acceptances into other programs by late fall and end up declining UMHB, especially if they're accepted into their preferred program. So UMHB will need that seat filled. Many programs (UNTHSC, UTMB, UTHSCSA etc), have mostly just begun their interview process and won't be complete till later. So UMHB will be tentatively filled now, but then there will be this drain once other programs start to give out decisions. If you haven't received a rejection notice, there is still a good shot! UMHB was my 2nd choice, so getting notified early in the summer was amazing. Overall, it's a rough waiting game regarding programs and their decisions. TRUST ME, I know and vividly remember. No easy way around it, but hang in there. I promise it's worth it!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Txbluebonnet said:

Current UMHB PA-S2 student here, hang tight! The waitlist is a good place to be! Usually a lot of those waitlisted are pulled/accepted eventually. This can go on unto late December, even the day before class starts! People start getting acceptances into other programs by late fall and end up declining UMHB, especially if they're accepted into their preferred program. So UMHB will need that seat filled. Many programs (UNTHSC, UTMB, UTHSCSA etc), have mostly just begun their interview process and won't be complete till later. So UMHB will be tentatively filled now, but then there will be this drain once other programs start to give out decisions. If you haven't received a rejection notice, there is still a good shot! UMHB was my 2nd choice, so getting notified early in the summer was amazing. Overall, it's a rough waiting game regarding programs and their decisions. TRUST ME, I know and vividly remember. No easy way around it, but hang in there. I promise it's worth it!

Thank you! This is good to know! I’m taking no news as good news still right now especially since they might still be accepting people!