College canceled class I planned to take. Call each school directly about new plans?

Guest carolanimal

Guest carolanimal

So I submitted my app with two classes in progress. My school just called and told me that one of these classes has been canceled. This class was at 8 pm. It was convenient for me since I could attend after work and now I have no choice but to take it online. Should I contact each individual school directly about it? I already updated my new plans on CASPA and called CASPA about it. The CASPA representative stated that the schools have access to my app at all times even after my planned/in progress classes updates.

• Administrator

What, so they can say "no" earlier? You can't do anything about it now, so why invite them to DIS-invite you? By all means, respond appropriately if asked, but most schools are deluged with applicants. I mean, sure, they MIGHT like you throughout the process and then at the last minute say "Wait, you changed plans and had to take this online? Sorry, we don't want you." But I don't think it that likely.

Archived