Morehouse School of Medicine PA Program: Application Cycle 2022-2023

3 hours ago, MilkyM00 said:

Hi, I’m a current student. I’m thinking about starting a group me for those of you heading in for questions about apartments, etc. Let me know your thoughts. 

as far as people waiting to hear back, I have no information, we aren’t in the loop. Hang in there tho, I got off the waitlist really close to start date. 

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

6 hours ago, MilkyM00 said:

Hi, I’m a current student. I’m thinking about starting a group me for those of you heading in for questions about apartments, etc. Let me know your thoughts. 

as far as people waiting to hear back, I have no information, we aren’t in the loop. Hang in there tho, I got off the waitlist really close to start date. 

thank you!! if possible, once you start the groupme can you share the QR code or email so all of us newly accepted students can ask questions/chat? 🙂 

5 hours ago, MilkyM00 said:

Okay! I made the Group Me, every cohort has one. I’ll only stick around until I’m not needed  because this might end up being y’all’s official group so it seems as if it’s easiest if you all DM me the phone numbers associated with your group me 🙂

I DMd you! Thank you sm 

10 minutes ago, ThePAfromthepast said:

A class of 23’ student hoping on here to beg y’all not to live at west end entra….. it’s unsafe, the office staff is terrible, the waitlist doesn’t guarantee you housing, car break ins, homeless ppl trying to get into ur apt…annoying stuff they leave your packages unsecure so people have gotten stuff stolen.

it is so close to classes but please it’s so bad. Even though they say it’s required and you need to do a housing waiver, IGNORE THAT, sign a lease elsewhere and show up on the first day !! It’s fine, only a few people in our cohort lived there, the rest of us never got in trouble. It’s not the PA programs fault tho, the school itself tries to require it. 

the crazy thing is entra charges like they have awesome amenities to offer- they do not. The study room and outdoor area looks cute but plz do not let them wow you with that. If you’re going to live there plz reach out to a current student so we can give you some tips. 

Any suggestions on apartments that are close enough for convenience but far enough for safety?

19 hours ago, love4PA said:

Has anyone from the 12/8 interview received a waitlisted or rejection email? Or even been able to contact admissions? I’ve heard nothing and it’s been over a month. And admissions hasn’t been answering the phone… 

Nope, same boat. I’ve only seen where one person was accepted from our interview date. Former students said a few of them heard nothing until a few days before classes began. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, MollyRey said:

I emailed Ms. Richardson and she said "We should be able to close out the Admissions cycle soon. Hopefully by the end of this week. I apologize for the delay."

So I guess just keep a look out this week.

Has anyone received any more updates? Has there been movement off of the waitlist yet?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 10:06 AM, MollyRey said:

Did anyone attend the information session yesterday? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend and was wondering if anyone took notes or anything. Any information would be so appreciated.

Hey Molly. I wanted to attend and didn’t get a chance to do so. I thought about emailing Ms. Richardson to inquire about a possible recording? Maybe try that since I did not? Best of luck!

Has anyone heard back about or got accepted from the waitlist? Are all seats full? I am a bit confused as the email said we’d receive final notification in March. However, in previous replies some said they didn’t hear until a few days before classes started. Are they just shortening the waitlist in March or rejecting the remaining? I appreciate any information as I am excited and nervous for March!!