University of utah 2022-2023 application cycle

On 10/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, Ewok11 said:

My husband received a rejection this morning. 3.83 science gPA, 3.86 cgPA, 301 GRE score with over 20,000 PCE hours. The only school he's been flat out rejected without an interview invite.

Good luck to everyone interviewing!!

I have very similar GPA stats + 3000 PCE so definitely not as many as your husband but I was rejected also 😕

10 hours ago, Run4fun said:

I also received the interview alternate email! Does anyone know how likely it is to be given an interview while being on the list?  

From what I've read, applicants accumulate points for different application criteria (Utah residency, exposure to medically underserved populations, mission fit, military background, strong paid patient care experience, CASPer score, etc.) and are then ranked according to the number of points. I am guessing interview invites are given out down the list. I think willingness and ability to attend any of the interview dates are also taken into consideration, as well as the ability to accept a last-minute invitation. I read in a past forum that some applicants were invited to interview the night before and the morning of the interviews. 😮 

On 10/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, Ewok11 said:

My husband received a rejection this morning. 3.83 science gPA, 3.86 cgPA, 301 GRE score with over 20,000 PCE hours. The only school he's been flat out rejected without an interview invite.

Good luck to everyone interviewing!!

3.98 GPA; 3.97 cGPA, 2200 PCE, 75-100 CASPER, 600 volunteer hours and was also the only school I have been rejected without an invite as well!

For anyone offered an interview, are you able to share the outline of the interview day? (How many hours scheduled to be on campus, if the anatomy test is administered the day of the interview or released prior to interview day, opportunities for Q&A or to meet current students, campus tour, etc.) 🙂 Thank you.

On 10/11/2022 at 6:09 PM, DJR23 said:

Rejected today too. 
3.65 gpa 

3.8 sgpa

over 15000 hours of patient care experience as a paramedic

top quartile on the CASPer

i got into another program but really wanted to interview with UPAP

i really wish I could ask why they rejected me 

DJR23,

You can 100% ask Doris! She’s usually good about telling you. I do know that she’s crazy busy right now, so I would email her rather than call. 
good luck on your journey! 

On 10/12/2022 at 11:11 AM, Run4fun said:

I also received the interview alternate email! Does anyone know how likely it is to be given an interview while being on the list?  

I have noticed that typically when you’re offered alternate interview status, you get interviewed. This isn’t always the case, obviously,  but I’d prepare either way. The interview dates are on the website, so make sure you keep those days open. We’ve had people interview that got a call the day of or even the day before!! 

6 hours ago, Luvs2Camp said:

For anyone offered an interview, are you able to share the outline of the interview day? (How many hours scheduled to be on campus, if the anatomy test is administered the day of the interview or released prior to interview day, opportunities for Q&A or to meet current students, campus tour, etc.) 🙂 Thank you.

They said first thing there is a chance to meet current students and faculty, and Q&A and info into the program and campus. Then you are given a 150 question test the day of at the interview. Then it sounds like you have 3 separate interviews with faculty lasting about 30 minutes each. They said plan on being there 8-5 with lunch provided. Hope that helps! 

On 8/25/2022 at 9:35 AM, mgo811 said:

Hi everyone! I am a PA student at UPAP, just graduating. If anyone has any questions about the program, interviews, etc., please feel free to reach out! I am happy to help in any way that I can. It's a great program. Good luck!

Hi! Thanks for being available for questions, I recieved an interview offer for next month. I guess I'm just wondering what there is I can do to prepare for it, I'm a first year applicant I've had 2 other interviews so far, one went well and the other one not so much. What is the best thing I can do to prepare for the U of U interview? Thanks!

I've been accepted to an out of state school, but I am a utah resident and have an interview with upap nov.18th. I know upap is in the top 5 highest ranked PA schools in the nation. Can anyone tell me more about why? Their PANCE pass rate is below national average and they still require masks in class which kind of kills it for me. I've tried doing research but can't find much on it. Give me some info so I can weigh it into my decision making, thanks!!! 

Hi, wanted to give some hope for my low GPA applicants:

sGPA: 3.09 (I took over 10 classes in the last two years with a 4.0). cGPA: 3.15 Paid PCE: 6000 (ER scribe & back office MA) Volunteer hours: 1200 Research: 2000 with 3 publications Shadowing hours: 220 (PA, MD, NP)

Got invited to an interview @ Salt Lake City, but will be rejecting it - good luck to the person who gets it ❤️  

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 9:25 AM, Hannah101 said:

They said first thing there is a chance to meet current students and faculty, and Q&A and info into the program and campus. Then you are given a 150 question test the day of at the interview. Then it sounds like you have 3 separate interviews with faculty lasting about 30 minutes each. They said plan on being there 8-5 with lunch provided. Hope that helps! 

Thank you so much! That is very helpful information. 🙂 Do you happen to know if UPAP utilizes a blind interview process?