University of utah 2022-2023 application cycle

15 hours ago, Luvs2Camp said:

Planning ahead to interview day, what is the best way to get to campus? (Car, public transit, rideshare, etc.) Is it easy to find convenient and affordable parking on a Thursday?

Would anyone interviewing 11/17 like to connect? It'd be nice to know some familiar faces before interview day. 🙂 

Thank you!

I'm interviewing the 17th! Don't know about campus stuff, but would definitely connect!

Interviewing this Thursday the 10th! Anyone else on here joining that time, as well? Would be nice to connect prior to interviews so we know some friendly faces prior to the big day! Not excited by how cold it's going to be that week 🥶 

Edited by RachNyq

1 hour ago, RachNyq said:

Congrats! I'll be on the Salt Lake Campus also....When's your interview date?

Hi! Congrats and good luck with your upcoming interview! I will interview the following week, on Nov. 17th. If you are interested, I would still be interested in connecting! Maybe we will become future classmates! 😄 I'll send you a private message.

• Like 1

Has anyone interviewing at SLC this week gotten a more detailed schedule of the day? I’m curious how the 9 hour day will be filled. (So far I only know about the three 1:1 interviews each lasting 30 minutes, the A&P exam of an unknown length of time, faculty panel, and lunch social with current students) Are there plans for MMIs or group interviews? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Luvs2Camp said:

Hi! Congrats and good luck with your upcoming interview! I will interview the following week, on Nov. 17th. If you are interested, I would still be interested in connecting! Maybe we will become future classmates! 😄 I'll send you a private message.

Fingers Crossed!!!!

41 minutes ago, Luvs2Camp said:

Has anyone interviewing at SLC this week gotten a more detailed schedule of the day? I’m curious how the 9 hour day will be filled. (So far I only know about the three 1:1 interviews each lasting 30 minutes, the A&P exam of an unknown length of time, faculty panel, and lunch social with current students) Are there plans for MMIs or group interviews? Thank you!

The e-mail was indicating that the candidates would meet the staff and ask questions. Also, there will be an opportunity to meet some of the current students. There will be a campus tour, lunch, and 3 2:1 interviews 30 minutes each and A&P test 75 minutes. I am not aware if there are MMI or group interviews.

5 hours ago, FuturePAmomof3 said:

The e-mail was indicating that the candidates would meet the staff and ask questions. Also, there will be an opportunity to meet some of the current students. There will be a campus tour, lunch, and 3 2:1 interviews 30 minutes each and A&P test 75 minutes. I am not aware if there are MMI or group interviews.

Thank you so much! Good luck with your interview! 🙂 

Hey everyone,

I'm going to be interviewing this Saturday at St. George and plan on driving down from the bay area early in the morning.

Maybe we can all link up tomorrow evening to calm the nerves and get to know each other.

Here's my number if you're up from all the nerves and just want to talk! 4083003936

Regardless I'm looking forward to the weekend and meeting everyone. 

Travel safe! 

Good Morning Everyone,

One of the interview candidates from 11/10 reached out to me this morning and gave me permission to share their experience and some tips. 

- Staff are very friendly and focused on being fair to each candidate. We’re all amazing and should be proud to have made it to this stage. Be yourself and display who you are as a person!

- A&P exam might involve some higher concepts but is meant to be a baseline measurement of our knowledge and is likely the lowest factor in their decision making process.

Hope this message makes you feel a little more at ease and no matter what I am proud to be alongside some truly motivated and committed folks. 

If you’re still feeling the jitters feel free to reach out! I got a nice 10 hour drive ahead of me til St George. 

- Kevin 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Luvs2Camp said:

Anyone know if interview locations are specific to campus cohorts? (SLC interviewees only considered for SLC cohort/St George interviewees only considered for St George cohort)? Thank you!

I am not sure. I know in the application we are able to put either location, but I believe if you interview in one location that is where you would attend if accepted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luvs2Camp said:

Anyone know if interview locations are specific to campus cohorts? (SLC interviewees only considered for SLC cohort/St George interviewees only considered for St George cohort)? Thank you!

They will heavily consider the preference you put on your application. If you put a preference for one place but wouldn't mind the other place, they will directly ask what is your final choice. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 5:49 AM, Luvs2Camp said:

They are not specific to location....someone who interviewed in Salt Lake could take a seat in St. George

26 minutes ago, RachNyq said:

They are not specific to location....someone who interviewed in Salt Lake could take a seat in St. George

The explained this today in the interview. The interview location is specific to acceptance location, unless you’re on the waitlist, they will offer the top waitlisted candidate whatever seat is available at whichever location has the seat available. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, McKennaM said:

The explained this today in the interview. The interview location is specific to acceptance location, unless you’re on the waitlist, they will offer the top waitlisted candidate whatever seat is available at whichever location has the seat available. 

Unless you marked no preference... myself and a few others listed 'no preference' at the salt lake interviews and were told that we had the opportunity to last minute select a location upon acceptance given there are seats at both places rather than only one. But yes, if you selected a specific preference they interview at that location.