Family Medicine Contract advice

I started a new job in Florida at a family medicine practice in October, hours 9-5 with occasional rounding at the nursing homes and hospital.  Patient load 20 daily. Salary is 90k first 3 months then 95k afterwards. Benefits; PTO 2 weeks, 3 holidays, PA/DEA license renewal. No health benefits, 401k, or CME. I have 1 year experience in UC.

Currently I'm filling in for the NP who left at the hospital indefinitely for the past month, which I have actually been enjoying working as a hospitalist however I think I should also request salary of a hospitalist, thoughts? Would like to renegotiate my salary to 110k given the small amount of benefits, was just really unhappy at my old job. Signed a 3 yr contract..

This may not be helpful at all and I apologize in advance.

I wish every PA who works in Florida would just walk out and not come back until they got paid better.

With that being said, yes, I would suggest renegotiating your compensation to include your PTO up to 3wks, 8-10 holidays, RETIREMENT AND HEALTHCARE. 

Christ. I just read that last bit. Seriously? You are a licensed medical professional who is expected to see 20ppd, you deserve retirement and healthcare. The guy working at McDonalds get healthcare and retirement, why don't you? Absolutely ridiculous. I'd walk. Move. Change careers. Change fields. Do something because this is insane. 

• Upvote 2

No retirement or healthcare benefits? Atrocious. 3 holidays? Lord have mercy.

So they pay you a salary of 90K initially to save a grand total of $1,250 over 3 months? Basically covers the cost of your credentialing and onboarding. 

And on top of all this you sign a 3 year contract? I would have started looking for a better job yesterday. Break the contract, they will be too cheap to hire a lawyer anyway.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...