La Verne PA Program application 2021-2022

15 hours ago, PASMOO said:

To those who have been accepted, do you have a medical assisting background? I'm trying to determine what I need to do to be accepted next cycle. Any tips would be appreciated!

Hi, I am happy to give you advice. To answer your question: yes, I do have a medical assisting background. That is one approach to gaining great hands-on experience....but not the only way! I think it's also important to consider other aspects of your application (i.e.: academics, community involvement, leadership) to become more competitive. I am open to share my experience as a re-applicant with you (I applied twice; received 0 interviews my first year and 4 interviews my second year). Feel free to message me, if you would like. 

Edited by PREPAlyfe

On 4/18/2022 at 9:50 AM, Iwannaworkout said:

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!!  I'm assuming all the acceptance calls have been made, but I was wondering if anyone has been offered a waitlist seat yet, or has heard anything about when they would call regarding waitlist spots? Thanks! 

I've heard that a few more offers will be sent before the end of April, and then waitlist notifications early in May.

56 minutes ago, PrePASM said:

Has anyone been in contact with Sarah any updates?

Yes, 
There are still a few admission offers that have not been extended for Fall 2022. The remaining admission offers and alternate offers for the waitlist notifications should be sent via email in May. I will also follow up with a phone call after the email notifications have been sent.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone! 

So, I just got off the phone with Sarah, who was kind enough to provide the admissions committee's intent with regards to the remaining acceptances, waitlist seats, and rejections (but everything is tentative).

- There was a pre-planned 4th interview at the end of April, that was only pushed back to early May. It was not recently added. This interview will be completed by the end of next week (Sarah didn't specify the exact date). 

- There are 3 seats left -- that will be filled by considered candidates amongst ALL four interview dates. The waitlist will have 30 seats, ranked (but rank number is not typically disclosed to the candidate). Both the 3 remaining acceptances and the waitlist seats are targeted to be sent out by the middle of May (Sarah targeted May 23rd). Applicants will be notified for acceptances and waitlist seats via email and a possible phone call about status updates.

- She also wanted to mention/reiterate that waitlist candidate seats are valid until the first week of the Fall trimester (end of August 2022).

- Rejections should be sent out by the end of May/early June. 

Hope this helps a little with everyone's anxiousness in the waiting period. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back after being interviewed, as well as to those in the last interview! 

• Like 3

On 5/5/2022 at 6:32 PM, LaylaM said:

Spoke to Sarah today about the orientation packets for those that were accepted and she stated that they’re behind on sending those out and they should be sent by the end of May.

Hey Layla, 

Have you received the acceptance package or have heard any news? Also I have being looking for a Facebook group or anything else for the cohort to communicate and try to figure things out, but I have not found anything. Do you know of any chat or group in which we can all connect? 

On 5/11/2022 at 7:31 PM, RCastillo said:

Hey Layla, 

Have you received the acceptance package or have heard any news? Also I have being looking for a Facebook group or anything else for the cohort to communicate and try to figure things out, but I have not found anything. Do you know of any chat or group in which we can all connect? 

Hi! No I haven’t. Just that the packets should be sent out by the end of May

• 2 weeks later...