South University - Austin, TX

1 hour ago, ShanynLedwig said:

I don’t think that’s the case or else we would have all received rejections if we haven’t been offered an interview yet. 

Again, just guessing, so I could be completely wrong. They might not be accepting anymore apps and not sending out any rejections, just in case someone drops out of interview spot, they can choose from their current pool.

12 minutes ago, BayouCoco said:

Yeah but they shouldn’t be allowing caspa to take apps and fees then. I know this is a wild concept but $56 +the $27 to send gre scores is a lot for some of us to spend on a schools that’s not even looking at apps anymore. I’m sure they get a cut. 

I agree with you, the PA application process is an expensive one. If a program is going to reject without looking, they should close their apps.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, KatieFuturePA said:

I don't know if this is news to anyone, but I just contacted South-Austin and they are no longer enrolling in the PA school even though they are still accepting applications from CASPA until November. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 3.20.35 PM.png

Im confused now. Are they saying the deadline has passed or they are no longer going to have a PA program this year?

39 minutes ago, PrePa0710 said:

Im confused now. Are they saying the deadline has passed or they are no longer going to have a PA program this year?

I think that the online chat boxes don't always provide the best information, especially when there are multiple South campuses. I was accepted and was just talking to the student advisor, Kelsey, this morning and the program still seemed on track to start in January as planned.

I'm not sure if they are offering more interviews or not, but I would say unless you get a rejection email from the university itself I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, justanotherprePA22 said:

I think that the online chat boxes don't always provide the best information, especially when there are multiple South campuses. I was accepted and was just talking to the student advisor, Kelsey, this morning and the program still seemed on track to start in January as planned.

I'm not sure if they are offering more interviews or not, but I would say unless you get a rejection email from the university itself I wouldn't count yourself out just yet. 

So did they receive provisional accreditation yet? I also did the chat box and she told me she would forward my information to someone who would be in contact about my status. The representatives seem to be general reps for the school and not the program, so I'm sure they are limited in what they can tell us.

It sounds like a number of us here have been accepted to SUA. Congrats! Is anyone having second thoughts, or have advice for if we are admitted to more than one program? The people were very nice, but the state of the building, the campus resources, and the inexperience of the professors in terms of teaching concerned me somewhat. DM me if you're not comfortable posting here. 

• 2 weeks later...