South University - Austin, TX

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, DTXPREPA said:

You received one today? Congrats! 

I should’ve said that I saw it today! I technically received it Friday afternoon but have been trying to only let myself check my email once a day first thing in the morning haha otherwise I would be checking constantly 

9 hours ago, PAstudent234 said:

Congrats!!! When did you submit and when is the interview? Do you mind sharing stats?

I submitted in the first week of May and the interview is for mid-July and I don’t mind at all! GRE: 321 & 5.5 essay, cumulative GPA: 3.3 (4.0 post-bac), a little over 2000 PCE hrs

1 hour ago, Pippip said:

I submitted in the first week of May and the interview is for mid-July and I don’t mind at all! GRE: 321 & 5.5 essay, cumulative GPA: 3.3 (4.0 post-bac), a little over 2000 PCE hrs

Congrats! Did you receive any kind of "under review" email prior to receiving your invite? I submitted 5/26 and received a follow up email but nothing that says under review. 

8 hours ago, PAstudent234 said:

Congrats! Did you receive any kind of "under review" email prior to receiving your invite? I submitted 5/26 and received a follow up email but nothing that says under review. 

I did not - similarly I received an email saying they received my CASPA application on 5/4, then just got that interview invite email on 6/3. 

1 hour ago, PAstudent234 said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?

cGPA: 3.73
sGPA: 3.62
GRE: 328, 4.5
PCE: 2500 hrs
HCE: 774 hrs
Shadowing: ~120 hrs (ortho PA, CV surg PA, functional med PA, peds MD)
Teaching: 350 hrs
Leadership: 350 hrs 
LOR: PA, MD, practice administrator for current job

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 11:18 AM, wonderingaboutonline said:

do you have to have completed bachelor degree to apply? I already applied with my degree in progress, will be done in december. their website was unclear about this. 

Unfortunately you need a bachelor's degree by the time of application (I called and verified)

19 hours ago, jaxy1009 said:

Unfortunately you need a bachelor's degree by the time of application (I called and verified)

That's strange, I emailed and got this response: "A Bachelor's degree is not required to be completed before you apply; however, it is necessary to be completed prior to acceptance into the program. All pre-requisites need to be completed prior to applying to the program, however."

did you apply without one?

On 6/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, DTXPREPA said:

That's strange, I emailed and got this response: "A Bachelor's degree is not required to be completed before you apply; however, it is necessary to be completed prior to acceptance into the program. All pre-requisites need to be completed prior to applying to the program, however."

did you apply without one?

Oh shoot I didnt apply because they told me otherwise. Thank you for that info!

On 6/24/2022 at 3:53 PM, Madi17vb said:

I received an interview invitation today for August 5th and I’m so pumped!

Submitted to caspa 6/6

Verified 6/11

Received an email 6/13 saying I needed one more thing which I completed and my app was complete 6/14.

Hey! I'll be interviewing with you on August 5th 🙂 -Aimee